PDA

View Full Version : [WTT]: Unknown aurora for noodler's ahab

lowks
April 12th, 2013, 01:06 AM
I have this unknown aurora which is a cartridge filler (can be converted into a eyedropper I highly suspect) which I want to exchange for a Noodler's Ahab. This pen has never been used, just dipped. I am in Malaysia btw.

KrazyIvan
April 12th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Very Eversharp Skyline looking. An Aurora for an Ahab? The disparity in the trade is a bit puzzling. Why not just buy an Ahab? Are the shipping charges that high?

lowks
April 12th, 2013, 09:32 AM
not using this pen ... and wanted an Ahab at the same time... so two birds one stone thing.

KrazyIvan
April 12th, 2013, 09:47 AM
What size is the nib?

lowks
April 12th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Medium

amaranzano
April 12th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Hey Lowks,

If KarzyIvan don't want it, let me know what color Ahab you want and I'll send it to you. Else, nice pen Ivan!!!

lowks
April 12th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Definitely Amaranzano!

KrazyIvan
May 15th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Trade complete. I did find out that this is an Aurora Idea or some variant of that model. The Idea seems to be the school pen version of the Pantani which uses higher end materials. The Idea is on par, price-wise, with the Ahab. The Idea uses the same nib as the Ipsilon. I also found out that Parker converters work with it. I have a brand new Parker twist converter in my stash that should fit this pen. How can Aurora get away with that cap?

snedwos
May 19th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Probably because Eversharp was defunct at the time it produced it? Or owned by Parker, and the fact that Auroras take Parker cartridges might shed some light in that direction.

Or did you mean price wise?