PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Waterman 412 Sterling Filigree with flexible nib

Josephly
April 15th, 2017, 10:03 AM
This is a Waterman's 412 Sterling Filigree that's rare and hard to find. This one is in very good condition compared to others. It has an engraving Joe R Hamilton. It is an eyedropper filler. The bottom of the pen is stamped 412. The clip of the pen is in great condition. Bottom of the pen barrel overlay and bottom of the cap says Sterling. At the bottom of the barrel of the pen where the overlay ends it is engraved with Waterman's engraving that are generally on the barrel of its vintage pens but it is faded. You need light on the area in order to see it. The nib is in good shape. It isn't bent or damaged as far as I can tell. Look at photo for more details of the nib. Now to the fun part: the nib is Flexible though not a wet noodle or full flex. You can look at the writing sample. If you have further questions let me know! Thanks for looking

Price reduced to $250 with shipping CONUS also I brought the pen to the pen doctor at Dromgooles in Houston, TX And the pen is very wet now almost like a paintbrush

JaimeAhrr
April 15th, 2017, 07:47 PM
Asking price?

Sagebrush64
April 15th, 2017, 10:09 PM
Is this for sale??? If so, what are you asking?

Josephly
April 15th, 2017, 11:54 PM
I'm looking for offers for it. I don't know what to ask for it. lol sorry I am new to this, still trying to figure things out.

Josephly
April 28th, 2017, 10:36 AM
I will take $300 or best offer

Josephly
May 1st, 2017, 04:42 PM
Price reduced to $250 plus bump

gloucesterman-18
May 1st, 2017, 06:17 PM
Looking at the nib it does look as if the tine on the left side is crossed over to the right side. Also, the top of the cap does not appear smooth. Is it possible to get closer image so that I can see if I am in error?
Thank you.

Josephly
May 1st, 2017, 11:10 PM
https://goo.gl/photos/qfFtRDoXP3mvDFJN7

Josephly
May 1st, 2017, 11:13 PM
The top of the cap is smooth but the overlay is bent a little. The nib tines are not crossed over. Thank you!

gloucesterman-18
May 2nd, 2017, 04:37 PM
Easier to see that now, especially from underneath. Nice (semi)flex.