PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Several Small Pens, Mostly Vintage

fqgouvea
April 15th, 2017, 03:48 PM

I'm fairly new to this game, only a couple of years. Over that time, I've had fun buying older pens, many needing restoration, mostly at fairly low prices. Now it's time to sell some of them to try to fund buying a more expensive one.

With the exception of the Wahl Ringtop, all of these work; that one will need restoration. Most are lever fillers (the Pilot is CC, and the Duofold is a button filler). Writing samples are below. I didn't try to grade the nibs as fine/medium/broad, so please check the writing samples. Apologies in advance for my less-than-brilliant pictures.

Shipping within the US is $6.00. Shipping elsewhere at cost.

The pens:

Epenco lever filler that tries to mimic a Lady Patricia. Nib is steel, not scratchy but noticeably toothy. Writes well. The color is not as red as it seems in some of the photos. $20.

Majestic, striped blue and grayish mother of pearl (imitation, I'm sure). 14K nib says "Made in USA". Clear ink window even though it's a lever filler. Was it intended for use with a transparent ink sac? Nib has just a little bit of flex, I think. Fun to write with. The hardest one to part with in this batch. $60.

Pilot Dipper, apparently these are made in Korea. Pilot squeeze converter included. Bought NOS and hardly ever used, because I don't really like slip caps. $10.

SOLD! Onoto, marbled dark red, lever filler. Stub nib says "Warranted 14C TLDR & CO LTD". Some flex. SOLD.

Gold-filled Wahl Ringtop with wavy decorations. Wahl #3 nib. Not much flex. Looks very nice but will need restoring, as the lever doesn't move at all. I dipped it for the writing sample below. Some flex, but not much. I carry pens in my shirt pocket, so I know I'll never use this. $80

Yellow and black Moore pen with a Royal 14K nib. Some flex, nib is a bit toothy. Nice pen but too small for me. $30

Gray Esterbrook, I think SJ size. Restored for me by Brian Anderson. Nib is an Esterbrook 2442 "Fine Stub". Could replace with 9550 or 9668, which are firm fine and medium. Works very well. $30

Jade green Parker Duofold Jr; barrel is quite dark, alas. Nib says "Parker Duofold Pen", but is likely 14K. No flex that I can feel. $30

Buy them all for $200.

Filling systems revealed:

Nibs view:

Picture showing sizes:

Writing Samples:

More writing samples:

Robert
April 15th, 2017, 04:18 PM
PM sent on the Onoto.

fqgouvea
April 21st, 2017, 01:05 PM
All but one still available, several prices reduced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fqgouvea
April 26th, 2017, 06:23 PM
Some further price reductions, alternative nibs for the Esterbrook, and a price for the whole lot.

fqgouvea
May 4th, 2017, 04:39 PM
Sigh. No one seems interested. Some last-ditch price reductions. Will give up and try eBay next, I guess.

hungrynerd
May 5th, 2017, 12:48 AM
PMed