PDA

View Full Version : Parker 21 parts

Spideysgirl
April 16th, 2017, 07:00 PM
I recently bought a Parker 21 off of eBay and it's missing the part that covers up the nib so it's hooded. On mine the entire thing is exposed. Where do I find one.?I've looked everywhere on line and can't find one.

Farmboy
April 16th, 2017, 08:06 PM
Which version of the 21 and which color.

PaulS
April 17th, 2017, 02:12 AM
hi - it's possibly the type of clip and the clutch ring on the body that might help most. you might find this of some help.... http://www.parkerpens.net/

D Armstrong
April 17th, 2017, 07:04 AM
If you could post a photo it would help. Because the Parker 21 isn't as high-valued as other models, quite a few people don't put the effort into listing parts. But they are out there.

Linkinyeah
April 22nd, 2017, 10:13 PM
Not sure what happened to OP, but I have a similar situation. I rescued some 21's on Ebay. One is a 21 super in need of a new tassie, the one that came with it has pitting on it. Anybody have a source for one? The other was a Mark I and is in need of a new barrel due to the common problem of cracking. I would like to bring it back to life with another barrel. This model, as you may already know, has the imprint near the top. The date code is the second quarter of 1949. Anybody know a source for a barrel? It doesn't have to be a matching date code, but I would like to keep it with a first model barrel. Last question. The sac in the Super works, but there are some hard spots along it I can feel when running my finger across it. Is this a sign that it is about to fail? Or is it safe to trust that it won't leave me with a pocket full of ink? Thank you for this forum and those of you who help keep these older American pens still running.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Farmboy
April 22nd, 2017, 10:25 PM
Which color barrel?
Which cap have you?

Linkinyeah
April 23rd, 2017, 04:20 AM
Sorry, I forgot to include this above. Green barrel on the mark I and the Super has the standard Super cap with the 45 style clip and the 21 imprint on it with the Parker logo and made in the USA.

Linkinyeah
April 23rd, 2017, 08:38 PM
Just wanted to bump my question in case in body had some thoughts.

ac12
April 24th, 2017, 10:47 AM
Look for a similar pen to be a parts donor.
Many people with parts have the parts in many cases by scavenging pens for parts. That is how I get some of my spare parts. Except for a few cases, there is no manufacturer to buy spare parts from.