PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Parker Vacumatics

Bogon07
April 14th, 2013, 12:08 AM
Inkyrimoo who looks rather more rounded here.
Visconti Wallstreet - IMO inspired by the Vacumatic not the Manhattan skyline as Visconti claims.
Canadian Vacumatics from Mrs Bogon's father:
Brown Gold 53 - broken nib but works semi ok after sanding nib.
Gold Green 50 - seems to have ink sac problems and missing cap ring, maybe threads striped slightly.

fountainpenkid
April 14th, 2013, 05:33 AM
Inkyrimoo who looks rather more rounded here.
Visconti Wallstreet - IMO inspired by the Vacumatic not the Manhattan skyline as Visconti claims.
Canadian Vacumatics from Mrs Bogon's father:
Brown Gold 53 - broken nib but works semi ok after sanding nib.
Gold Green 50 - seems to have ink sac problems and missing cap ring, maybe threads striped slightly.

Very nice. Is that visconti the non-LE version...and are the sizes b/w the LE and non-LE versions different?

Tracy Lee
April 14th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Looks LE? Their sizes tend to be the same or similar, but there is something much more substantial about the LEs - more expensive material, often heavier, and nicer nibs. I have a non-LE red version of Wall street, but it looks different than his blue one somehow. Just seems "less" than what I see here. My LE Operas are all the same size as the non-LE, but they are different in all of those ways. Just my take, what a great trio of pens here!!

Tracy Lee
April 14th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Bogon, love the moo. What a cutie!

KrazyIvan
April 14th, 2013, 04:04 PM
The blue one!

caribbean_skye
April 14th, 2013, 05:41 PM
LOL. I really need to read the forums before I write letters. So in your letter dated today Bogon, these are the exact same colour vacumatics that I was talking about in my letter. Too bad I just sealed up the envelope too, how eerie.

Bogon07
April 14th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Very nice. Is that visconti the non-LE version...and are the sizes b/w the LE and non-LE versions different?

Looks LE? Their sizes tend to be the same or similar, but there is something much more substantial about the LEs - more expensive material, often heavier, and nicer nibs. I have a non-LE red version of Wall street, but it looks different than his blue one somehow. Just seems "less" than what I see here. My LE Operas are all the same size as the non-LE, but they are different in all of those ways. Just my take, what a great trio of pens here!!

FPK & Tracy Lee I'm fairly sure it is not the LE version. The Blue could be a limited version of each type there appears to be less of them around and may be blue looks bigger than red in photos.

If you look at the two versions over at the OnlinePenCompany you can see the difference the Le has a clear ink window and while the mundane version has a chrome grip section. It is much easier when you see them without the cap on. I should have taken a 2nd set of photos uncapped.
The LE at nearly twice the price has a fancy 23K Palladium nib vs the 14K rhodium plated nib and a double RSV power filling system vs a cartridge converter arrangement. The Blue could be a limited version of each type there appear to be less of them around and maybe blue looks bigger than red in photos.

Mundane
http://www.theonlinepencompany.com/pencompany/product_fp.php?cat1=Visconti&cat2=Wall%20Street&cat3=Fountain%20Pen

LE
http://www.theonlinepencompany.com/pencompany/product_fp_detail.php?sku=V000380N

KrazyIvan
April 14th, 2013, 06:04 PM
I like the flat bottom barrel of the blue one. Does it have a jewel on that end?

Bogon07
April 14th, 2013, 08:31 PM
I like the flat bottom barrel of the blue one. Does it have a jewel on that end?
No it has the usual metal Visconti seal thingo. However in some of their other pens like the Rembrandt it is held by a magnet and maybe interchanged with jewels, initials, stars signs from their pen personalisation kit.

KrazyIvan
April 15th, 2013, 08:48 AM
No it has the usual metal Visconti seal thingo. However in some of their other pens like the Rembrandt it is held by a magnet and maybe interchanged with jewels, initials, stars signs from their pen personalisation kit.

Oh, I meant the Blue Parker. :)

Bogon07
April 15th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Oh, I meant the Blue Parker. :)

The top blue pen is a Visconti Wallstreet which has a similar stripe celluloid look. Sorry for the confusion.
From what I've seen people like to call blue Vacumatics ...Azure.

KrazyIvan
April 15th, 2013, 05:45 PM
The top blue pen is a Visconti Wallstreet which has a similar stripe celluloid look. Sorry for the confusion.
From what I've seen people like to call blue Vacumatics ...Azure.

My Visconti lack of knowledge is showing. I guess Parker too. Slaps forehead.

Tracy Lee
April 15th, 2013, 11:02 PM
Sure looks more substantial than my red one, but thanks for telling the difference. I never paid much attention, honestly, to LE versus non-LE in that particular pen.

drgoretex
April 30th, 2013, 05:27 AM

FPK & Tracy Lee I'm fairly sure it is not the LE version. The Blue could be a limited version of each type there appears to be less of them around and may be blue looks bigger than red in photos.

If you look at the two versions over at the OnlinePenCompany you can see the difference the Le has a clear ink window and while the mundane version has a chrome grip section. It is much easier when you see them without the cap on. I should have taken a 2nd set of photos uncapped.
The LE at nearly twice the price has a fancy 23K Palladium nib vs the 14K rhodium plated nib and a double RSV power filling system vs a cartridge converter arrangement. The Blue could be a limited version of each type there appear to be less of them around and maybe blue looks bigger than red in photos.

Mundane
http://www.theonlinepencompany.com/pencompany/product_fp.php?cat1=Visconti&cat2=Wall%20Street&cat3=Fountain%20Pen

LE
http://www.theonlinepencompany.com/pencompany/product_fp_detail.php?sku=V000380N

How odd. Mine is definitely the upper one in the photo (that colour, too) with the metal nib section, and the nib looks like the one in the photo, but it is definitely the Palladium nib, and not a 14k rhodium-plated gold nib. The nib is marked, '23K Pd 950' and 'firenze'.

Ken