PDA

View Full Version : Waterman Taperite Statleigh Repair

Sagebrush64
April 22nd, 2017, 01:40 AM
Howdy again all,

I've got a nice little Statleigh that is in need of an overhaul. Luckily, the section had already been removed by it's previous owner, but now I find myself questioning how to remove the nib/feed from the section.

It looks like i'd do some damage by trying to knock out the feed/nib because of the small opening at the nib.

I'm not finding anything online, although I see several other folks have asked this same question. Can anyone here clue me in?

Also, I need a clutch ring for this thing too, as the original is missing.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

James

KrazyIvan
April 22nd, 2017, 10:32 AM
From Richardspens.com

Also, although it is doubtful that Wateremjan actually intended the Taperite to be unrepairable, it is true that many of these pens are so tightly assembled that they are virtually impossible to disassemble for sac replacement. Knocking the nib and feed out of the gripping section is very risky; if the section has shrunk, as celluloid parts can do, it will split rather than release the internal parts.

I proved it to myself by destroying a Taperite. I'm not saying it can't be done but it's going to be difficult.

Sagebrush64
April 22nd, 2017, 03:05 PM
I read that passage from Richard also, so I think for now, I'll just continue soaking the section/feed/nib assembly until no more ink bleeds out. I am still in need of a clutch ring however. Considering how many of these pens have been destroyed while attempting disassembly, I would think someone out there has one laying around.
Thanks for your input Ivan.

KrazyIvan
April 22nd, 2017, 08:29 PM
I have the clutch ring from mine but it would not be correct for your pen. Plating would be the wrong color I believe.

Sagebrush64
April 23rd, 2017, 12:39 AM
....then I'm assuming yours is the skinny ring with chrome finish? I'd like to keep it correct if possible even though the section seems to have faded a bit even more so after polishing them up with micro mesh, either that or it's not the original section for the body .
Regards,
James