PDA

View Full Version : Original Sailor Jentle Inks re-issue?

sharmon202
May 4th, 2017, 12:34 PM
Anyone know details about this reissue, when? I want one of each. They went away a little before I got into all this. Thanks, Sandy

naimitsu
May 4th, 2017, 01:33 PM
The reissue happened at Anderson yesterday and they're all sold out already. It took about 6 hours.

I heard that they're trying to get a second batch, but I don't know the timing for them.
If you really want the inks, I suggest you add yourself to the notification list for when they come back in stock and buy them as soon as you get the notice. I submitted my order within 30 minutes, so I got what I wanted.

migo984
May 4th, 2017, 01:45 PM
Anyone know details about this reissue, when? I want one of each. They went away a little before I got into all this. Thanks, Sandy

I think Anderson's have them Sandy.

Edit: ooops, didn't see previous reply.

sgtstretch
May 4th, 2017, 04:10 PM
GoldSpot pens should also have them, but I don't believe they've gotten their order yet. I managed to snag Sky High and Grenade from Andersons yesterday, but Apricot was already sold out by the time I placed my order.

Chrissy
May 4th, 2017, 05:05 PM
They were all in stock at Anderson pens when I was on there, but I decided against buying any. I think Pen Chalet are getting them too.

inklord
May 4th, 2017, 05:56 PM
... anybody notice that the prices are ridiculous, especially considering that there are close equivalents from the same brand available for less?!?

grainweevil
May 5th, 2017, 03:05 AM
Evidently it's dawned on Sailor there's an untapped market for limited releases in North America, and they're gonna start tapping it. On the plus side, at least you won't have to learn how to moo in Japanese while you're milked. :rolleyes:

BayesianPrior
May 5th, 2017, 02:55 PM
Evidently it's dawned on Sailor there's an untapped market for limited releases in North America, and they're gonna start tapping it. On the plus side, at least you won't have to learn how to moo in Japanese while you're milked. :rolleyes:

Rather disappointingly...

mo

http://www.sljfaq.org/afaq/animal-noises.html

jacksterp
May 5th, 2017, 07:07 PM
I believe I will pass on the re-issues. The price 'gouge' is too much for me.

inklord
May 6th, 2017, 07:46 AM
I believe I will pass on the re-issues. The price 'gouge' is too much for me.

But they do a nice job at dismantling their reputation, don't they? First the "Barcarolle" pen and now this...

KKay
May 6th, 2017, 03:05 PM
What is wrong with the Barcarolle pens? I want to get a couple of these reissues, I just can't afford it right now.

stub
May 6th, 2017, 10:00 PM
I been paying more than that here for (unlimited) Sailor inks all along. I'll confess I enjoy seeing Americans experience a good old fashioned "price gouge" every once in a while. Keeps you honest </wink>.

FEEL OUR PAIN.

inklord
May 7th, 2017, 09:09 AM
What is wrong with the Barcarolle pens? I want to get a couple of these reissues, I just can't afford it right now.

... it's a matter of taste, of course, but I find the Sailor Barcarolle both very uninspired and uninspiring. Sailor generally seems to struggle with design (as many companies do right now): examples are their Pro Gear 2 which merely adds clutter to the original Pro-Gear design, their Barcarolle which looks like a real bad transitional Waterman from the 70's or 80's, whereas the rest is basically Montblanc style with the exception of the ebonite/urushi KOP. But that's just me, a German Modernist stuck in 60's and 70's design :)

caribbean_skye
May 9th, 2017, 08:10 PM
not sure whether they are still available now, but goldspot had theirs in earlier today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lady Onogaro
May 9th, 2017, 10:11 PM
Goldspot was asking $25.00 for them. I'm not sure I want Apricot that bad.

naimitsu
May 10th, 2017, 11:20 AM
BACK IN STOCK AT ANDERSON!!!!

KKay
May 11th, 2017, 01:26 PM
I read your post Naimitsu. Somehow a bottle of Epinard and Sky High magically appeared in my cart. I don't have Souten, so it was a must have. I don't have a lot of Tokiwa matsu left, so I decided I must have the Epinard. I have wanted the Epinard for a good while anyway to be honest...lol.

inklord
May 12th, 2017, 06:41 PM
... and Anderson's is charging a more modest $20.- per bottle. These folks are (almost) too good to be real!