PDA

View Full Version : SOLD OMAS Arco Verde Ltd Ed

Mastiff
May 5th, 2017, 11:36 PM
PEN IS NOW SOLD.

For sale: OMAS Arco Verde Vintage Reissue Limited Edition

One of a kind. Stunning celluloid beyond description. The beauty of this Arco Verde cannot be paralleled and it is far rarer in relation to production volume compared with its more common Arco Brown cousins.

Condition: Handled and tested. I was told that this was the very last Arco Green pen left at the OMAS factory just before the company closed. The old OMAS folks were kind enough to help me have it sent to John Mottishaw for a Stub regrind, despite their difficulties at the time. As it was regound and tested, I am not describing it as new, but it can be described as like new.

Nib: Medium stub ground my John Mottishaw

Trim: Ruthenium

Payment: Paypal. First I want this pen followed by payment within 24 h will secure the pen.

Mastiff
May 12th, 2017, 09:02 PM
bump.

EclecticCollector
May 16th, 2017, 07:54 PM
It's difficult to tell from the photos due to their size and dark lighting, but it appears that the arco layers on the cap and body are not aligned when the cap is closed. Is this the case?

mulrich
May 16th, 2017, 09:28 PM
I don't know about this specific pen but the arcos I've seen have two starting points for the cap threads. One lines up the barrel and cap and the other doesn't.

Mastiff
May 17th, 2017, 05:43 AM
Yes, you are correct. photos 3 and 4 shows the cap completely closed.

EclecticCollector
May 17th, 2017, 08:21 PM
I don't know about this specific pen but the arcos I've seen have two starting points for the cap threads. One lines up the barrel and cap and the other doesn't.

On the "modern vintage" arcos (three ring cap bands, no Greek key) there are actually three starting points.

EclecticCollector
May 17th, 2017, 08:22 PM
Yes, you are correct. photos 3 and 4 shows the cap completely closed.

Thanks for confirming, photo 3 is quite dark and I wasn't sure. Unfortunately I'll have to pass on this then, not lining up would drive me crazy. :P

Mastiff
May 17th, 2017, 10:55 PM
Thank you. I haven't tried to see where there are 3 starting points- In fact I have not handled this pen very much myself either. I think some members corrected this issue themselves quite simply (search FPN) or I guess you can send it away tp a professional, but I see it as a character of OMAS pens so I didnt make a fuss when I obtained it.

EclecticCollector
May 17th, 2017, 11:59 PM
Hmm, I'll do some research and get back to you then. I wasn't aware it could be adjusted, in fact a few years ago John Mottishaw told me that it couldn't be.

EclecticCollector
May 18th, 2017, 11:20 AM
Thank you. I haven't tried to see where there are 3 starting points- In fact I have not handled this pen very much myself either. I think some members corrected this issue themselves quite simply (search FPN) or I guess you can send it away tp a professional, but I see it as a character of OMAS pens so I didnt make a fuss when I obtained it.

I should clarify that by "modern vintage" I meant the ones with the three thin rings, without the Greek key design. Yours should only have two start points.

I did some reading last night and it seems you can adjust the alignment by one or two facets if you modify the inner cap, but more than that and it won't close correctly. Would you be willing to take one more photo in bright light with the cap closed in the closest alignment it's able to have? Please include the piston knob too if so.

RocketRyan
May 18th, 2017, 12:25 PM
Someone needs to buy this pen so I don't have to keep looking at it longingly each day :'(

Mastiff
May 19th, 2017, 05:36 AM
Of course, I will do that at some point this weekend. (but it is surely less than 1-2 facets.....)

Mastiff
May 19th, 2017, 05:37 AM
Someone needs to buy this pen so I don't have to keep looking at it longingly each day :'(

I am starting to wonder whether I am doing the right thing.

RocketRyan
May 19th, 2017, 05:45 AM

I am starting to wonder whether I am doing the right thing.

It's undoubtedly a grail pen for many. For. Me it would be a keeper, but then I doubt I will ever own one, so I will probably never need to make that decision.
You clearly have exquisite taste in pens.

Mastiff
May 20th, 2017, 08:34 PM
Uploaded more pictures as requested under more light. It was difficult as the pen is quite shiny but you can see that the facet is about 1/2 off centre. Piston knob is in centre.

I will keep this ad for 1 more week if any of you are interested. Thereafter I will withdraw it from sale.

EclecticCollector
May 21st, 2017, 11:03 AM
Thank you for the photos, looks like it closes just slightly past alignment. The inner cap would need to be extended to compensate. Let me think about it and get back to you shortly.

Mastiff
May 23rd, 2017, 03:44 AM
Thank you for the photos, looks like it closes just slightly past alignment. The inner cap would need to be extended to compensate. Let me think about it and get back to you shortly.

Of course, take your time.

Mastiff
May 26th, 2017, 04:36 AM
How about 1400?

VertOlive
May 28th, 2017, 09:44 PM
Somebody buy this. I can't stand having to visit it and stare at it every day.

mulrich
May 28th, 2017, 09:55 PM
If I had any confidence in my ability to fix the alignment I might bite.

Mastiff
May 29th, 2017, 06:03 AM
Bite it Mulrich! :)

sgtstretch
May 31st, 2017, 09:44 AM
Somebody buy this. I can't stand having to visit it and stare at it every day.

Agreed, absolutely stunning pen, and I prefer the green Arco over the brown, but out of my reach.

Mastiff
June 3rd, 2017, 07:59 PM
bump