PDA

View Full Version : 8 new Diamine 150th Anniversary colors coming soon.

Chrissy
May 8th, 2017, 05:02 PM
In a few weeks time Diamine are adding 8 new 150th Anniversary colors to their range: :)

8 New 150th Anniversary colors - Blood Orange, Purple Dream, Dark Forest, Lilac Night, Tudor Blue, Espresso, Golden Honey & Burgundy Royale
All 16 Anniversary Inks will be made available in standard short European cartridges packs of 20

SquishyInk
May 8th, 2017, 05:03 PM
Oh wow! Great news [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3] I need all of those in my life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Good Captain
May 9th, 2017, 01:53 AM
There are some wonderful colours in this next batch. All very well behaved and quite striking.

Chrissy
May 9th, 2017, 02:01 AM
150th Anniversary is a good range of inks. :)

Chrissy
May 9th, 2017, 02:18 AM

Every time I see your posts I'm reminded of the fact that I didn't buy the pink Pelikan M600 and I should have done! :(

SquishyInk
May 9th, 2017, 02:19 AM

Every time I see your posts I'm reminded of the fact that I didn't buy the pink Pelikan M600 and I should have done! :(

Aww, you might be able to find one still, I got mine a few months ago [emoji3] De Roos in the Netherlands had it!

Chrissy
May 9th, 2017, 02:25 AM

Aww, you might be able to find one still, I got mine a few months ago [emoji3] De Roos in the Netherlands had it!

I can only find a lawyers firm under De Roos. :( Do you have a link?

SquishyInk
May 9th, 2017, 02:29 AM
http://www.vulpenspeciaalzaak.nl/ [emoji3] if it isn't listed there it's worth contacting Alexander Mengerink on FB, he has been pretty successful with my special requests. Good luck!!!

Chrissy
May 9th, 2017, 03:13 AM
http://www.vulpenspeciaalzaak.nl/ [emoji3] if it isn't listed there it's worth contacting Alexander Mengerink on FB, he has been pretty successful with my special requests. Good luck!!!

Thank you. :) Vulpens doesn't ship to England so they are out, but don't have one listed anyway.

I found one on eBay.com from Singapore for $1600 :jaw: I think I will give it a wide berth. :(

jacksterp
May 9th, 2017, 03:14 AM
Love the fact that Diamine makes available so many of their inks in cartridge form. Sometimes cartridges are just so handy.

Thought the cartridges came in boxes of 18 though...

Chrissy
May 9th, 2017, 03:55 AM
Love the fact that Diamine makes available so many of their inks in cartridge form. Sometimes cartridges are just so handy.

Thought the cartridges came in boxes of 18 though...
I can only say that the information about the new inks and the boxes of cartridges came to me directly from Diamine. I copied and pasted it. :)

grainweevil
May 9th, 2017, 04:14 AM
Their assorted cartridge packs are twenties, I think. Given the Anniversary bottles are a different size from the standard line, it would be in keeping if the cartridge packs were too, I suppose? :noidea:

Couple of those ink names sound promising; I await with interest.

BayesianPrior
May 9th, 2017, 04:42 AM
Great news! Particularly interested in Dark Forest, Tudor Blue, & Espresso. Do you have swatches by any chance?

Chrissy
May 9th, 2017, 05:28 AM
I can now post some pics of the colours. Here they are: (Lilac Night had to be colour matched to the ink, rather than the paper)

SquishyInk
May 9th, 2017, 04:52 PM
Whoa! Thanks for posting those! Do you know if any of them sheen?

Chrissy
May 9th, 2017, 05:09 PM

You're welcome. :) I didn't see sheen, but I saw some shading.:)

Correction: I did see lovely red sheen from Dark Forest in my Seven Seas Writer journal

Chrissy
May 9th, 2017, 05:11 PM
Great news! Particularly interested in Dark Forest, Tudor Blue, & Espresso. Do you have swatches by any chance?

I do now. :) I'm also doing some reviews, but I don't have bottles to show you yet.

BayesianPrior
May 10th, 2017, 12:51 AM
Thank you, Chrissy!

KKay
May 11th, 2017, 12:53 PM
Oh pretty! I think I am in a little trouble. I see some possibilities there. I plan to get samples of probably 4 of these, to start.

Chrissy
May 11th, 2017, 03:26 PM

I need to add a correction here: Dark Forest has shown up fantastic red sheen on Tomoe River 58gsm paper in my Seven Seas Writer journal. Plus I see a red halo effect with Golden Honey

Chrissy
May 11th, 2017, 03:29 PM
Here's another couple of pics:

alexander_k
May 11th, 2017, 04:02 PM
Some very interesting colours. Thanks, Chrissy, for adding to our temptations.

SquishyInk
May 11th, 2017, 07:59 PM
Neat! Is golden honey like an orange color? I've been looking for a sheeny orange [emoji177] thanks for the reviews can't wait to get these!

grainweevil
May 12th, 2017, 02:52 AM
Thanks, Chrissy. I think it must be Lilac Night that was in your letter?

It's odd though; I liked the sound of them, but had you asked me to describe what I was hoping for, I'd not have had a clue. But unfortunately it turns out it's not these. My reaction is more one of recognition of similarities to existing inks than "wow". I suspect it's possible I have too many inks... :D

Chrissy
May 12th, 2017, 05:35 AM
Some very interesting colours. Thanks, Chrissy, for adding to our temptations.

You're welcome. :)

Chrissy
May 12th, 2017, 05:37 AM

It's odd though; I liked the sound of them, but had you asked me to describe what I was hoping for, I'd not have had a clue. But unfortunately it turns out it's not these. My reaction is more one of recognition of similarities to existing inks than "wow". I suspect it's possible I have too many inks... :D

I'm so sorry, I can't remember because I'm old and I've been to sleep since then. :( I don't think all of them have similarities to existing inks, but maybe a couple of them do. :) I know how you feel because I have too many inks too. :(

grainweevil
May 12th, 2017, 10:41 AM

I'm so sorry, I can't remember because I'm old and I've been to sleep since then. :( I don't think all of them have similarities to existing inks, but maybe a couple of them do. :) I know how you feel because I have too many inks too. :(

Fret ye not - t'was just a wondering on my part. :D

Morgaine
May 12th, 2017, 11:22 AM
One of these days, I'll get that Diamine order in (6 months overdue) - sparkles, but I will still want to pick a free sample (if they are still doing that) - might pick from one of these.

Chrissy
May 13th, 2017, 03:01 AM
This image is from a photo rather than a scan. Hopefully, the colours might be more accurate on it. Also, on this Tomoe River smooth paper, Dark Forest has a great red sheen and Golden Honey has a lovely red halo effect.

FredRydr
May 18th, 2017, 03:51 AM
Thanks for the letter, Chrissy. You're right! I really like the Dark Forest with it's red sheen.

Fred

Chrissy
May 18th, 2017, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the letter, Chrissy. You're right! I really like the Dark Forest with it's red sheen.

Fred
I'm pleased that you like it. :)

datainadequate
May 22nd, 2017, 05:39 AM
Like the look of Dark Forest and Golden Honey. Wondering how close Blood Orange is to Cult Pens Deep Dark Orange.

Chrissy
May 22nd, 2017, 07:48 AM
Like the look of Dark Forest and Golden Honey. Wondering how close Blood Orange is to Cult Pens Deep Dark Orange.

Please check this out on the individual review (https://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/20467-New-Ink-Diamine-150th-Anniversary-Blood-Orange). I used DDO as a comparison. :)

titrisol
May 22nd, 2017, 11:15 AM
Anyone knows when these will be available?
DIamine does not have themlisted yet :(

Chrissy
May 22nd, 2017, 03:55 PM
Anyone knows when these will be available?
DIamine does not have themlisted yet :(

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that one. :(

naimitsu
May 23rd, 2017, 07:02 AM
Thank you, Chrissy! I think I need to add 4 more samples to the ever growing pile!!! :D
Now to (impatiently) wait for their release! ;)