PDA

View Full Version : Conklin Cresent 40 Barrel

joepike16
May 11th, 2017, 10:31 AM
I purchased a nice Conklin Cresent 40 with a flexible nib at the Chicago pen show. Unfortunately when I arrived home I noticed a hairline crack in the barrel. To say that I am a little disappointed in the purchase is an understatement, but lesson learned. My question is, can this be repaired? And would it be possible to purchase another barrel somewhere? Such a shame, because it truly is a wonderful nib!

rcburgin
May 12th, 2017, 06:33 AM
Our experience has been that the folks at the shows are good people ...... try contacting the seller and I think he will make it right with you!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

joepike16
May 12th, 2017, 07:21 AM
Our experience has been that the folks at the shows are good people ...... try contacting the seller and I think he will make it right with you!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Yes, I'm not questioning the seller by any means. I bought several pens from him during the show. I am certain that he was unaware of the crack (especially since the barrel is BCHR). Still, I would like to get it repaired.

FredRydr
May 12th, 2017, 08:03 AM
You may be in luck. With Conklin crescent-fillers, the hard rubber cap is the missing part. You should have little difficulty locating a barrel. Contact Robb Lott at FiveStarPens.com. I'm always hunting through his Conklin parts box at shows.

Fred