PDA

View Full Version : Question about Namiki Falcon Converter

TooLoose
May 16th, 2017, 10:37 AM
I have a Namaki Falcon FP and went to clean it and can't remove the converter from the nib assembly. I don't recall the last time I used the pen (I bought it over ten years ago) and need to know if the nib and converter are one assembly, or if the converter is stuck. Thanks.

Wile E Coyote
May 16th, 2017, 12:25 PM
Converter is stuck.

grainweevil
May 16th, 2017, 02:52 PM
They can be a pretty tight fit, and in this case you may also have additional adhesive in the form of dried ink. Might be worth a soak.

inklord
May 16th, 2017, 05:00 PM
Soak overnight in a mild soapy solution (which you will later have to rinse out thoroughly), then pull straight back on the converter. A small piece of chamois leather or rubber sheeting (like what you can cut from an old bicycle innertube) wrapped around the converter can help in achieving a better grip.

TooLoose
May 17th, 2017, 05:46 AM
It finally loosened after three days of soaking. It's converter casing is made of pliable metal and I didn't want to force it. The pen is cleaning up nicely, and just in time for some new ink arriving today. Thanks.

JunkyardSam
October 4th, 2017, 06:32 PM
This issue with the converter "sticking" to the Pilot Falcon has happened to me with all three of my Falcons... but for some reason not any of my other Pilots. The force required to "unstick" my stuck Falcon converters has been so great that I worried it could break the pens.

It sounds like soaking is a solution. I used this issue as an excuse to switch to refilled carts which don't have this issue in part since they're made of a softer more pliable plastic.

dfo
October 4th, 2017, 06:39 PM
This also happened with my Pilot 912, but has remedied itself after a year of use.