PDA

View Full Version : OMAS bought by Stipula ????

earthdawn
May 20th, 2017, 07:16 PM
Well Dante is saying he heard from 2 sources that Stipula has purchased OMAS.

What that all means and what they will do with it is unknown but should be interesting to say the least.

Silverbreeze
May 20th, 2017, 07:57 PM
At least Stipula makes pens that I can accept unlike a different brand buy that I shall not mention

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fountainpenkid
May 20th, 2017, 09:54 PM
I hope they revive the brand to its full glory. From my limited experience Stipula seems to utilize more questionable construction techniques; I hope this doesn't mean OMASes will now be shoddily made.

Chrissy
May 21st, 2017, 02:49 AM
It's an interesting thought. I guess we might have to wait and see what happens next.

I see Omas pens for sale on the bay that are sold by a seller who says he has purchased all of the Omas stock. In fact, I almost bought one, but missed it ending. ...Something I do regularly I'm afraid....:(

FredRydr
May 21st, 2017, 05:05 AM
Well Dante is saying he heard from 2 sources....
I dunno.... What would Kellyanne say about this?

I think of VW's take-over of heady Rolls-Royce (which IMHO now produces some really fulgy cars).

Fred

whichwatch
May 21st, 2017, 07:27 AM
I wonder how this is possible and exactly what has been purchased, and from whom.

Manu Caltagirone purchased the Omas intellectual property and inventory and has been very successfully selling the pens at shows and on Ebay. He also purchased the rod stock, said to be very extensive. He also said he had acquired the rights to the Omas name, although did not have the rights to use the name in the US until 2018. He has used the rod stock to produce new pens under the name Armando Simoni Club. He employed the woman who did repair work for Omas in Bologna and has provided exemplary repair service for Omas pens.

So I wonder what did Stipula purchase, and from whom?

fqgouvea
May 21st, 2017, 10:05 AM
Of course Stipula could have purchased the rights from Caltagirone, but it does seem unlikely.
What name does he use to sell on eBay? I should check him out.

dapprman
May 21st, 2017, 11:12 AM
Stylomaniak (http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/stylomaniak)

Link is for his store on www.ebay.co.uk

SIR
May 21st, 2017, 02:36 PM
Well Dante is saying he heard from 2 sources that Stipula has purchased OMAS.

What that all means and what they will do with it is unknown but should be interesting to say the least.

Could be good news, if it's true...

I think of VW's take-over of heady Rolls-Royce (which IMHO now produces some really fulgy cars).

Correct me if the following is out of date, but i believe it was BMW who acquired Rolls Royce, whereas VW took Bentley.

FredRydr
May 21st, 2017, 03:39 PM
Correct me if the following is out of date, but i believe it was BMW who acquired Rolls Royce, whereas VW took Bentley.
You're right. BMW's to blame for the fugliness, and my analogy is invalid.

Poor Omas. <sniff!>

Fred

SIR
May 24th, 2017, 01:56 AM
BMW has done a lot of good for various motor manufacturers in recent years - Land Rover and Husqvarna spring readily to mind, I heard they also sorted Alfa Romeo's quality control... I understand that the RR wasn't always to everyone's liking and, to be honest, I could never conscionably justify the expense of a new one, but I would be happy to drive a Wraith or a Ghost, or even a Phantom, as long as there is both fuel and a parking space provided.

wahlnut
May 24th, 2017, 07:02 PM
Whichwatch has it right. Stipula purchase information is simply without merit.

Fabri00
June 1st, 2017, 06:54 AM
Omas www bankrupted long time ago.
What should have been left to be bought ..... ?

SIR
June 1st, 2017, 03:12 PM
The debts... what is owned by creditors/administrators.

dapprman
June 1st, 2017, 04:28 PM
From what I remember, OMAS did not go bankrupt, but rather the parent company, after years of complaining about losses off the back of wastage, closed OMAS down, then sold off the old stock and name to reclaim some cost.

youstruckgold
June 1st, 2017, 07:13 PM
All intriguing.
As Manu hasn't been using the OMAS name; perhaps this rumour has some merit. I will be watching with interest.

Waski_the_Squirrel
June 1st, 2017, 08:01 PM
Is there an actual source on this? Or is it all talk?

Adit
June 2nd, 2017, 04:37 AM
Am I the only one who loves Rolls-Royce?

whichwatch
June 2nd, 2017, 07:19 AM
All intriguing.
As Manu hasn't been using the OMAS name; perhaps this rumour has some merit. I will be watching with interest.

Manu told me he has the rights to use the Omas name beginning in 2018. I am not sure if this is global or restricted to certain geographies.

dapprman
June 2nd, 2017, 04:52 PM
All intriguing.

Manu told me he has the rights to use the Omas name beginning in 2018. I am not sure if this is global or restricted to certain geographies.
Might be connected with the same reason he couldn't sell to the US - as a company there (can't remember their name) had exclusive rights to sell OMAS in North America.