PDA

View Full Version : New Ink: Diamine 150th Anniversary Tudor Blue

Chrissy
May 21st, 2017, 02:24 AM
Diamine 150th Anniversary ink: Tudor Blue

One of the 8 New 150th Anniversary colours available in special 40ml bottles
All 16 Anniversary Inks will be made available in standard short European cartridges packs of 20

Flow Rate: Less wet than some of the others. Quick dry.
Lubrication: Pleasant on several different papers.
Nib Dry-out: Not noticed.
Start-up: Immediate.
Saturation: Fairly saturated
Shading Potential: Good
Sheen: Not seen
Show-Through:

Tomoe River 52gsm.
Cheaper generic 80gsm printer papers & lined pads.
Field Notes
CiAK InTempo

Spread / Feathering / Woolly Line: Seen on Field Notes.
Nib Creep / “Crud”: Not seen, even after over 2 weeks in the pen
Staining (pen): Not seen - easy clean-up
Staining (hands): Not seen - easy clean-up
Clogging: Not seen. Seems unlikely.
Water resistance: Quite water resistant, but not sold as waterproof.
Availability: Will be available from Diamine Inks web-site (http://www.diamineinks.co.uk/listings.aspx?catid=86) and other outlets.

TSherbs
May 21st, 2017, 06:16 PM
A blue with some pop... Nice!

dsolmei
May 29th, 2017, 09:50 AM
I wonder how this compares to Diamine blue velvet.

Chrissy
May 29th, 2017, 04:22 PM
I wonder how this compares to Diamine blue velvet.

Blue Velvet is lighter/brighter

Hawk
May 29th, 2017, 07:52 PM
I appreciate your ink review. The tudor blue interests me. However, it doesn't seem to be one of the 150th Anniversary colors. Please clarify this for me.

Chrissy
May 30th, 2017, 12:38 AM
I appreciate your ink review. The tudor blue interests me. However, it doesn't seem to be one of the 150th Anniversary colors. Please clarify this for me.

It's a brand new ink that will be added to the 150th Anniversary range shortly. :)

Hawk
May 30th, 2017, 06:17 AM

It's a brand new ink that will be added to the 150th Anniversary range shortly. :)

Thanks, Chrissy. It's good to know that we can get an early review on inks before they hit the shelves.
Thanks for the detailed review.

Chrissy
May 30th, 2017, 10:35 AM

Thanks, Chrissy. It's good to know that we can get an early review on inks before they hit the shelves.
Thanks for the detailed review.

You're welcome. :) I don't know when these will hit the shelves, but my best guess is June :)

Chrissy
June 27th, 2017, 08:25 AM
I just popped into this review thread to say that these inks have now been issued and are readily available from Diamine and other retailers. :)

Nerdyhistorian
December 28th, 2018, 08:41 AM
*puts it on her wishlist*