PDA

View Full Version : Pen-house Sailor Precious Aquamarine

Lady Onogaro
May 24th, 2017, 12:34 AM
Okay, I am drooling a bit over this one from the Global Rakutan Web store Pen-Room:

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/penroom/item/36910/

And then there's this Realo clear demonstrator with rose-gold trim:

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/penroom/item/34664/

But I should only care about the nibs, right?

stub
May 24th, 2017, 02:35 AM
nice. Not my flavor but I could see why someone would love those. I liked the blue but I just can not get myself to like rose gold.

Have you had any dealings with penroom? Are they good?

I used to (happily) buy from Stationery Shop Bunkidou but their stock is really meager nowadays. I wouldn't mind finding another trusted Rakuten seller.

grainweevil
May 24th, 2017, 02:40 AM
I clicked on the links with some trepidation, but it's okay - also not my thing. But I can also see the appeal if they are. And they come with a nib, don't they? That shows sufficient caring about the nib in cases like this, I think. :D

RocketRyan
May 24th, 2017, 08:48 AM
If it was under £200 I'd be all over it.

penwash
May 24th, 2017, 10:54 AM
But I should only care about the nibs, right?

Nah, you don't hold the nib when writing, so you should care about the rest of the pen :)

(just trying to help you to buy it, it's a striking pen).

migo984
May 24th, 2017, 03:36 PM
I've been prevaricating about this pen since last week, and have had it in my Rakuten shopping cart for 24 hours. But I always have a self-imposed cool-off period and after careful thought I'm going to give it a miss. It won't give me a new writing experience as I have similar Sailor pens/nibs, so I'd just be buying it for the looks. It's very very pretty though. I'm not surprised you're tempted! :)

Lady Onogaro
May 24th, 2017, 09:12 PM
Yeah--I decided to pass on it, too. I'm going to take an acting class instead.

SIR
May 27th, 2017, 08:19 AM
Nice find, particularly the Realo demo, but i don't fancy the boutique personalised nibs - should just be the trusty Sailor own style and they're not even rose gold!!

VertOlive
May 27th, 2017, 06:29 PM
Lady O. does it again. It's stuck in my head now, it's so sparkly!

Is it as enormous as it appears to be in the pictures?

migo984
May 27th, 2017, 07:07 PM
?................ I'm going to take an acting class instead.

"To be, or not to be, that is the question: ......" :)

Lady Onogaro
May 27th, 2017, 07:22 PM
Lady O. does it again. It's stuck in my head now, it's so sparkly!

Is it as enormous as it appears to be in the pictures?

The blue one looks like it's the size of a Sapporo. The Realo would be fairly big.

Lady Onogaro
May 27th, 2017, 07:23 PM

It sounds like a joke, but I really am! :)

VertOlive
May 27th, 2017, 08:10 PM

Well while you're up on the stage, I'll be pen palling with my Precious Aquamarine. This isn't the first time you've affected my pen acquisition plan!

migo984
May 27th, 2017, 10:45 PM

Sounds great! I wish I was brave enough to do same..... :applause:

Lady Onogaro
May 27th, 2017, 11:36 PM

Well while you're up on the stage, I'll be pen palling with my Precious Aquamarine. This isn't the first time you've affected my pen acquisition plan!

Oh, my gosh! Did you buy it? You'll have to post a pic of it when you get it so we can see if it's as sparkly in real life as it is in the picture.

Lady Onogaro
May 27th, 2017, 11:38 PM

Sounds great! I wish I was brave enough to do same..... :applause:

I'll email you about it.

VertOlive
May 28th, 2017, 12:16 AM
Will try to get a pic posted. Problem is we've been so busy, I only have time to buy pens online and barely time to ink them up!

pw1224
June 4th, 2017, 08:25 PM
Oh goodness. This cobalt blue transparent Realo is the stuff of my dreams.... http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/penroom/item/27598/

It also has rose gold trim. I think the silver sparkles add just the right amount of flare.

Lady Onogaro
June 4th, 2017, 11:22 PM
Oh goodness. This cobalt blue transparent Realo is the stuff of my dreams.... http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/penroom/item/27598/

It also has rose gold trim. I think the silver sparkles add just the right amount of flare.

That one's nice, too.

KKay
June 6th, 2017, 09:07 PM
Why did I look at that? GORGEOUS. I loved that first one especially.

VertOlive
June 6th, 2017, 10:14 PM
Dangitt! They cancelled my order. I think I failed to respond to the second one that confirms shipping because it was in Japanese and ended up getting getting cancelled. I just re-ordered it hoping I can figure out how to confirm it when the second email comes this time!

:facepalm:

VertOlive
June 11th, 2017, 04:49 PM
Whoa. My Aquamarine is in Chicago already !!!

VertOlive
June 12th, 2017, 09:18 PM
Aquamarine arrived. That is the fastest shipment from Japan EVER. Ordered June 6, arrived June 12...

Lady Onogaro
June 12th, 2017, 10:31 PM
Do you love it? Pics?

You need a pen sleeve for it. The ladies at JapaneseHandMaden on Etsy make beautiful pen sleeves out of Kimono fabric.

VertOlive
June 28th, 2017, 09:16 PM
I inked it with KWZ Green Gold and discovered a persistent leak at the last joint before the nib. It's being torn down and cleaned tonight, then I'll try some grease at that spot and re-ink. I really don't want to send it back and will try to have nibs.com take a look if this doesn't work.

SUCH a sweet writer though!

Lady Onogaro
June 29th, 2017, 02:14 PM
I inked it with KWZ Green Gold and discovered a persistent leak at the last joint before the nib. It's being torn down and cleaned tonight, then I'll try some grease at that spot and re-ink. I really don't want to send it back and will try to have nibs.com take a look if this doesn't work.

SUCH a sweet writer though!

Bummer about the leak. I hope cleaning it sorts it out.

KKay
June 29th, 2017, 07:08 PM
Oh that is a crying shame alright. I am so sorry to hear this. I hope it gets fixed up for you. Keep us updated on it.

VertOlive
July 16th, 2017, 08:19 PM
All better.

Nota Bene: there was a rubber like ring on the inside that was torn. The silicone grease stopped the leaking and it's unclear whether it was the torn ring causing the leak or not. It has been inked and in use for three weeks with no problems.

Photos to follow once I have a desk again.

Lady Onogaro
July 16th, 2017, 08:49 PM
All better.

Nota Bene: there was a rubber like ring on the inside that was torn. The silicone grease stopped the leaking and it's unclear whether it was the torn ring causing the leak or not. It has been inked and in use for three weeks with no problems.

Photos to follow once I have a desk again.

Goody!

KKay
July 18th, 2017, 08:33 PM
If that is all it was, I'd ask them to send you at least one of them or two preferably. Sounds like an o ring. They are cheap! If they can't do that at least get them to tell you what size the o ring is.

VertOlive
July 22nd, 2017, 10:06 PM
If that is all it was, I'd ask them to send you at least one of them or two preferably. Sounds like an o ring. They are cheap! If they can't do that at least get them to tell you what size the o ring is.

There's a significant language barrier...

KKay
July 22nd, 2017, 10:33 PM
https://translate.google.com/