PDA

View Full Version : SOLD TRADE: Aurora Optima Red Demo for MontBlanc

heymatthew
June 4th, 2017, 12:01 PM
Hello all,
I recently acquired a brand new Aurora Optima Demo (Red Accents) and it's just not for me. The nib suffered from baby's bottom which Deb Kinney worked on for me at the Triangle Pen Show a few days ago.

The nib is a Medium and she smoothed and adjusted it so it writes a smooth, medium line with a hint of feedback.

Pen has only been filled with Lamy Inks and has no staining or other defects. Original package and Aurora Ink is included and I'll also throw in a bottle of Aurora Blue Black with one fill removed.

In exchange, I would like an MB146 in EF, F or M plus cash from you. Or a pair of MB146's even up. One in EF or F and one in M.

Considering that this pen has been tuned professionally and the used market prices for it, I'd also consider an outright sale of $575 OBO.

US buyers/traders only. Not interested in an international transaction.

Photos of the pen will be available later today (Sunday, June 4, 2017).

Please pm or email (matthewjmorse@gmail.com) with questions or offers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RocketRyan
June 4th, 2017, 01:09 PM
The broad nibs tend to be a little bit stubby on the 146, worth considering if your after 2.

heymatthew
June 4th, 2017, 03:54 PM
The broad nibs tend to be a little bit stubby on the 146, worth considering if your after 2.

Yeah... the fine/extra-fine would be for me and the medium for my wife. I had a broad 146 for a short time and it was rather stubbish but much too broad for practical daily writing in my opinion.

That being said, I'd take a broad if the trade was right and just have it reduced to a medium or whatever.

Appreciate the feedback friend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro