PDA

View Full Version : SOLD A Tray of Pens for Sale to Further Reduce my Collection

mhosea
June 7th, 2017, 10:26 PM
1. SOLD Sheaffer Oversize Flat Top (8C) with LIFETIME PEN nib and section (I think from around 1923 or so) on a very nice celluloid body. There is a nick on the lever and slight shrinkage of the white dot plate on top of the cap (normal, I'm told). Huge Fine nib. Great writer. $100 shipped in US.

2. SOLD Sheaffer Oversize Flat Top (8C) later model with 14K nib. Good condition. $65 shipped in US.

3. SOLD Bexley Poseidon Magnum (cartridge/converter model) with 18K Medium Michel Perchin nib. Also includes a loose Bexley steel Medium nib in case you have other plans for the Michel Perchin nib. Excellent. $175 shipped in US (only about $35 more than I paid for the nib alone).

4. SOLD Bexley Owner's Club 2014 with 18K Medium Michel Perchin nib. Also includes a loose Bexley steel Medium nib in case you have other plans for the Michel Perchin nib. Comes with original box (the Bexley "tin" box) and papers. I find it hard to do this pen justice in photographs. The pattern is a deep blue, but it has a depth to it that comes out when you turn it. Note that Owner's Club 2014 was a c/c year. $185 shipped in US.

5. SOLD Sheaffer Targa Imperial Brass with 14K Oblique nib. Comes with squeeze converter (PVC sac installed). Finish overcoat has a small chip near the base of the cap. Otherwise excellent. $95 shipped in US.

6. WITHDRAWN Sheaffer Targa 1024X Solid Sterling Silver with 14K Fine nib. Comes with both twist converter and a squeeze converter (PVC sac installed). Excellent condition. $170 shipped in US.

7. Sheaffer Targa 1024XS Solid Sterling Silver rollerball with fresh fiber tip refill. $60 shipped in US.

8. Sheaffer Targa Regency Stripe rollerball with fresh Montegrappa refill. $28 shipped in US.

9. NO LONGER AVAILABLE Parker "51" Aerometric. 14K Fine-Medium nib. The breather tube (modern stainless steel) and sac and connector (NOS) were replaced. Excellent "51". $108 shipped in US.

PayPal Preferred.

Jon Szanto
June 7th, 2017, 10:44 PM
PM sent on Lifetime 8C.

katherine
June 8th, 2017, 12:04 AM
Bexley Owner's Club 2014 is beautiful! But I'm not terribly familiar with Michel Perchin -- is it a standard nib with a different engraving?

mhosea
June 8th, 2017, 12:37 AM
Bexley Owner's Club 2014 is beautiful! But I'm not terribly familiar with Michel Perchin -- is it a standard nib with a different engraving?

I don't know a lot about that maker, myself. I don't think Michel Perchin, if the company is still in business, is making fountain pens, but apparently they used to make fine fountain pens that cost up into the 5 figure range. http://www.fountainpenhospital.com/Index_Showcase.asp?BOD=/manufacturers/manufacturer.asp%3FMFG%3D34

The nibs, however, are standard #6 size and are probably made by one of the few major manufacturers (e.g. Bock or JoWo), just like with Cartier pens. I bought the nibs from Richard Binder, who mounted them on the Bexley feeds. They cost me about $141 each, IIRC.

Here's a shot of the design on them. They're two-tone with an elephant and howdah logo. The design bears no writing except for 18K and an M, signifying Medium width, I believe, so they seemed to me not to look out of place on another brand of pen.

Doromath
June 8th, 2017, 04:17 AM
Interested in #2 if sale falls through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

katherine
June 8th, 2017, 10:07 AM
Very cool! I'm a little over budget for the month, but am sorely tempted. Thank you for showing a close up of the nib.

mhosea
June 8th, 2017, 03:28 PM
I can also offer a different 1024X that looks like #6 except a lot cheaper. Neither has dents or scratches or anything like that. My other one, the one I planned to keep, had a small crack in the section which I solvent-welded to repair. There's nothing functionally wrong with it now, and it looks and feels fine, but I can offer it at $90 shipped instead of $170 because of the repaired section.

If you decided that you just had to have a perfect nib section, and you didn't already have one from another Targa that you could just swap in, they can be bought off Ebay for $45-$65, depending on nib width (mediums tend to be the least expensive).

Robert
June 8th, 2017, 04:26 PM

I have two Bexley pens, both with M. Perchin 18k medium nibs. Both are very smooth and write beautifully. I bought both from Mike a few months ago. No connection with him other than as a very satisfied buyer.

mhosea
June 8th, 2017, 06:29 PM
Per request, some shots of the Oblique Targa.

Popcorn
June 8th, 2017, 06:45 PM
Is #4 a c/c or piston?

mhosea
June 8th, 2017, 07:34 PM
c/c. Owner's Club 2014 were all c/c.

mhosea
June 8th, 2017, 10:40 PM
Kind of had enough of selling for awhile. Let's shut this one down.