PDA

View Full Version : Hello there form LONDON.

Cyril
June 26th, 2017, 07:54 AM
Hello to evryone, from London.:wave:
I came across the forum and thought to join in as I love Pens and ink.
No doubt this is a place where I can talk and ask about things concerning.
I can spend some time with a coffee and some hang out to get away from my routins .

Mags
June 26th, 2017, 08:46 AM
Welcome to the forum

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

carlos.q
June 26th, 2017, 08:47 AM
Receive a warm welcome from sunny Puerto Rico!

Wahl
June 26th, 2017, 10:51 AM
:welcome:

Anne
June 26th, 2017, 11:32 AM
Welcome Cyril!

WmEdwards
June 26th, 2017, 12:03 PM
Welcome Cyril! We are glad to have you! ;)

jar
June 26th, 2017, 01:28 PM
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.

Hawk
June 26th, 2017, 03:17 PM
Welcome.

RocketRyan
June 26th, 2017, 03:30 PM
Welcome

Deb
June 27th, 2017, 03:38 AM
Welcome aboard! Can you make a coffee for me as well?

RuiFromUK
June 27th, 2017, 05:53 AM
Hi and welcome to the board. Besides coffee if you fancy a beer some of us meet at the central Bierschenke on the first Saturday monthly.

Morgaine
June 27th, 2017, 09:52 AM
Hello and welcome. Although I am originally from London, I now live in Wales.

VertOlive
June 27th, 2017, 10:13 PM
Welcome to you and your coffee, from the Lone Star Planet!

earlgrey
July 12th, 2017, 05:24 AM
Hi from London, Could anyone recommend a place where i could get a left-handed fountain pen because the people at Paperchase looked at me like a devil when i said i wanted one that is for left handed people.

Fermata
July 12th, 2017, 09:49 AM
Hi from London, Could anyone recommend a place where i could get a left-handed fountain pen because the people at Paperchase looked at me like a devil when i said i wanted one that is for left handed people.

Not surprised.

Pens are basically ambidextrous, just as is a pencil.

It is said that a left handed person will enjoy writing the most with a nib on the pen that is a right oblique, it is shaped like your right foot.

This is for a conventional left hander. if there is such a thing. someone who wites with their left hand and whose forearm and hand are inline with the page, not an overwriter for example.

Having said that, a good friend of mine and a left hand hander says that both left and right obliques work equally well for him, and the perceived wisdom is stuff and nonesense. i ahve a Parker 51 with a right oblique and that shouldnt work well for me being a right hander, but it does.

If you want to try a right handed oblique nib you will need to search but here is one offering that I can recommend

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Italix-Parsons-Essential-OBLIQUE-Fountain/dp/B00HEFYZSW

Good luck in your search

Lady Onogaro
July 12th, 2017, 02:23 PM
:welcome: