PDA

View Full Version : SOLD FS: Waterman Carene - Black Sea/ST - EF (Nib needs adjustment)

Ahtzib
June 26th, 2017, 01:04 PM
--> Reduced price! <--
--> NOTE: Nib needs adjustment! <--

My trusty EF Carene "Black Sea" with silver trim is still available.

Overall, it's in good shape: the barrel shows a light ring from posting; the section and nib show usual scuffing from un/capping. The inlay doesn't leak and the pen caps securely.

However, I managed to bump the right tine slightly out of alignment. The nib still writes, but it's a little scratchy. Visually, the alignment issue is slight: I cannot capture it in pictures and it's even difficult to see under 10x magnification. Because of the inlaid nib, I'm reluctant to work on the nib myself.

I'm selling the pen as-is, and the price reflects the need for nib adjustment. I believe that the misalignment is relatively minor, and with the skills/patience (or a trip to a nibmeister) it can write well again. But for now, the price reflects the misalignment. Pen comes with an installed Waterman converter, plus an extra one.

Price reduced to $59 or best offer, payment via PayPal, shipped USPS 1st class CONUS.

Jobesmirage
June 26th, 2017, 04:21 PM
Would you be interested in a trade? https://imgur.com/a/DYshP

Ahtzib
June 26th, 2017, 04:29 PM
Would you be interested in a trade?

Sorry, meant to indicate that I am not looking for a trade at this time. Thanks!

Ahtzib
June 26th, 2017, 06:33 PM
Sale fell through -- pen is still available. Please feel free to ask questions or make an offer!

Ahtzib
June 28th, 2017, 10:43 AM
BUMP for price reduction!