PDA

View Full Version : Two Pelikan cousins

penwash
July 2nd, 2017, 09:48 AM
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4041/34829728244_f29b8f4e2a_c.jpg

Yesterday we had the bi-monthly Dallas Pen Club breakfast at a local restaurant in Plano, TX. Besides taking care of the Pen Show vendor registrations, I was chatting with Mike Walker (the club president) and when I showed him my Pelikan 100 with ebonite custom binde, he was quite surprised -- that I actually made that binde :)

And then he pulled out from his huge pen case, a cousin of my pen, a Pelikan 101 Lapis (either LE or SE I forgot what he told me).

So there, two vintage pens cousins from 1930's made in West Germany, ended up on a Rhodia pad at a table in Texas, USA in 2017. One is in pristine condition (all of Mike's pens are drool-worthy and in pristine condition), and the other has been to hell and redeemed back, rebuilt and customized.

Which one would you prefer to own? :)

Robert
July 2nd, 2017, 04:30 PM
Either would be a worthy addition to a Pelikan collection. I am impressed that you made the binde for your pen. I would have no idea where to begin with such a project.

KrazyIvan
July 2nd, 2017, 04:35 PM
That's a hard decision but your customized version gets me wanting an ebonite 100.

penwash
July 2nd, 2017, 09:05 PM
That's a hard decision but your customized version gets me wanting an ebonite 100.

There may be a special edition with ebonite binde out of the factory, but I'm now looking for a complete Pelikan 100 with broken or cracked barrel. :)