PDA

View Full Version : Help! I got Ebay-ed on a OMAS Galileo

Mayacamas
July 2nd, 2017, 11:54 AM
Hello,
I am a relative newbie to the fountain pen world and bought an OMAS Gailieo that was just delivered. It's got issues...it leaks ink from around the collar, and I am pretty sure the nib has issues as well....
Who do you all recommend to repair a 1990's OMAS pen?

Thank you,
Maya

notsim
July 2nd, 2017, 11:59 AM
Hello,
I am a relative newbie to the fountain pen world and bought an OMAS Gailieo that was just delivered. It's got issues...it leaks ink from around the collar, and I am pretty sure the nib has issues as well....
Who do you all recommend to repair a 1990's OMAS pen?

Thank you,
Maya

John Mottishaw / nibs.com is where I would probably send mine first.

Vespagirl
July 2nd, 2017, 12:06 PM
Mark Bacas from Nibgrinder.com just saved an eBay find for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mayacamas
July 2nd, 2017, 01:49 PM
I just finished cleaning...and there are other issues besides the nib....does that influence the suggestions?

Thank you , again.

Maya

Chrissy
July 2nd, 2017, 04:03 PM
Open an ebay case for an item not as described and get your money back. Then return it.

Jon Szanto
July 2nd, 2017, 04:23 PM
Good repair people can fix many, if not most, issues. There are a lot of good repair people. However, while OMAS no longer exists, John Mottishaw and Classic Fountain Pens (nibs.com) were designated at the US repair facility for all of their warranty issues. I think it says a lot that JM was the one place OMAS settled on. If all other things are equal, take that into account.

Or return it, as Chrissy said above. This may likely not be an inexpensive repair.

Mayacamas
July 6th, 2017, 05:43 PM
To everyone who replied,
Thank you.
I reached out to Classic Fountain Pens, and they are able to repair the pen. May I add their customer service is exceptional, and I am grateful for their assistance.
I appreciate all of the assistance to a newbie.
Best,
Maya

howf
September 8th, 2017, 11:52 AM
How did the repair turn out? Or are you still waiting to get it back?

Howard