PDA

View Full Version : Inksplosion

penthesilea
July 4th, 2017, 08:48 PM
Is my pen possessed?

I just refilled my Pilot Metropolitan (with a squeeze converter). I let the bladder puff back into shape (but it was instantaneous), and I even wrote for a couple pages. I set the pen down without capping it to read something, then (without really looking), I put the cap on to retire for the night.

Just like out of an old-timey movie, I rubbed an itch on my nose, and noticed my fingers were covered with ink. I grabbed the pen and ran to the sink, and yes, my nose is green. I thought maybe a little ink was in the cap, so I rinsed it out, but when I reached for the pen proper, the ink didn't stop leaking! It was all over the place: on my hands, in the sink, all over the barrel. I wiped down the pen, but I'm worried that even after the emergency cleaning it's still going to leak overnight.

Is this a user error? Am I not qualified to use a squeeze converter?

KrazyIvan
July 4th, 2017, 08:52 PM
It sounds like the converter is not installed correctly. Make sure it's seated all the way down the section. Also, there's a slight chance the rubber portion may have a hole. Rinse everything out, squeeze the converter and put the open end on your finger. The suction should hold it. If it has a slow leak, it won't hold on to your finger.