PDA

View Full Version : SOLD FS: Parker Vacumatic Debutante in Green Shadow Wave

penwash
July 11th, 2017, 06:52 AM
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4265/35846426695_2d21cacd01_c.jpg

This unbelievably cool pen is a Parker Vacumatic. Being the Debutante model, It requires a special diaphragm size to restore, and it has the coveted double "jewel".

The material is called Shadow Wave, and it's like Raden meets "The Matrix" with shimmering vertical (not horizontal rings like the larger Vacumatics) lines that dances in the light. The year code on the barrel is 8. which makes it the third quarter of 1938.

The nib is a nice Fine that is on the wet side, on some papers the lines it produces looks like Medium. A consistent writer and an absolute delight to sketch with. Misaligned, scratchy when it came, now smooth because I worked on it.

Condition: Excellent. There is a name engraved JANE ELLEN O'CONNOR. Maybe this was a gift form the future from Sarah O'Connor's (think TERMINATOR) long lost niece. Capped length: 4-1/2 inches.

Price: $165

Click here to buy (https://penagora.com/penagora/vis/118?lid=155).

carlos.q
July 11th, 2017, 08:07 AM
What is the price?

pajaro
July 11th, 2017, 11:52 AM
The link says one sixty-five. Maybe you get the artwork with this.

penwash
July 11th, 2017, 01:43 PM
What is the price?

Sorry, I added the price above :)

penwash
July 11th, 2017, 01:45 PM

Why, is $165 out of line for this pen?
It's in a nice condition and I haven't seen too many of Shadow Wave Green in this condition restored, nib tuned and smoothed. Have you?

And that's no artwork, just a sloppy sketch because we have enough pangrams already, plus it bored me to death (the pangram, not the sketch) :)

pajaro
July 11th, 2017, 05:45 PM

It's in a nice condition and I haven't seen too many of Shadow Wave Green in this condition restored, nib tuned and smoothed. Have you?

And that's no artwork, just a sloppy sketch because we have enough pangrams already, plus it bored me to death (the pangram, not the sketch) :)

I didn't say the price was out of line. The nice artwork would be a plus for a buyer. I thought the sketch was pretty good. You took that all wrong.

VertOlive
July 11th, 2017, 05:53 PM
What is the ink, please?

penwash
July 11th, 2017, 05:57 PM

I didn't say the price was out of line. The nice artwork would be a plus for a buyer. I thought the sketch was pretty good. You took that all wrong.

Then I sincerely apologize for jumping into the wrong conclusion.

... *awkward silence*...

:cheers:

penwash
July 11th, 2017, 05:59 PM
What is the ink, please?

That be R&K AGG.

Lunaelsol
July 12th, 2017, 12:19 AM
pm sent

penwash
July 12th, 2017, 08:40 AM
pm sent

Your PM is full. Please email me at redeempens@gmail.com to proceed.

Lunaelsol
July 13th, 2017, 12:59 AM
email sent sir

penwash
July 13th, 2017, 06:59 AM
The Vacumatic is sold pending payment.