PDA

View Full Version : Pen Paraphernalia Forum?

OakIris
April 25th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Good morning - I registered here last year but didn't start paying attention to the site until recently due to problems and some dissatisfaction with FPN. (What took me so long??) Anyway, I am quite the newbie here and may not be looking in the right place, so perhaps I only need some direction....

There is a section listed here as "Paper & Paraphernalia" but the only forums listed under it are for paper. Paper is of course very important, but why is there not also a Paraphernalia forum in this section? Where do you look for information about or post things having to do with the wonderful world of fountain pen (and dip pen) paraphernalia? Such things as rocker blotters, ink wells, pen storage ideas, pen wipes, pen wraps and cases, etc., etc., all need a home, too, don't they?

Holly

KrazyIvan
April 25th, 2013, 08:57 AM
We have been kind of using the "All Things Paper" forum for that. Yeah, it could use a little more definition.

jbb
April 25th, 2013, 09:01 AM
I was just thinking about this this morning.

OakIris
April 25th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Perhaps with three of us wondering about it, Dan or Eric will consider adding a Paraphernalia forum.... :P Three is a majority, right? In the meantime I will look in the oddly named "All Things Paper" for my non-paper paraphernalia fix, as you suggest, KrazyIvan! (I hadn't even looked there, to be honest, since I thought the forum would remain true to its name!)

Holly

tytoalba
April 25th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Perhaps with three of us wondering about it, Dan or Eric will consider adding a Paraphernalia forum.... :P Three is a majority, right? In the meantime I will look in the oddly named "All Things Paper" for my non-paper paraphernalia fix, as you suggest, KrazyIvan! (I hadn't even looked there, to be honest, since I thought the forum would remain true to its name!)

Holly
let me try this again
yes this, (see photo) doesn't exactly fit in all things paper

writingrav
April 25th, 2013, 12:11 PM

Holly
let me try this again
Maybe not, but it sure is cool.

tytoalba
April 25th, 2013, 04:07 PM

Holly
let me try this again
Maybe not, but it sure is cool.
Thanks wrtinggrav! I really scouted the globe for this Hazel Atlas sailboat rockerblotter. One of the folks at FPN had this as their avatar, and loving sailboats, I was smitten.
Btw, there really are lots of non-paper writing objects.. so hope FPG's will expand this segment. I have a really nifty antique brass letter opener with a very detailed rat.

jbb
April 25th, 2013, 04:43 PM
That's a great rocking blotter! I'd love to see a rat letter opener.

tytoalba
April 25th, 2013, 05:07 PM
If FPG's adds a writing paraphernalia subforum, I will be sure to take a photo somehow..
I'm holding the opener in my hand, and it is unique as many antiques of the era are.. on one side you see the rat sitting atop a feather, his long tail trailing down the feather. On the reverse, you see the reverse, his four legs wrapped around the feather, and his paws gripping the feather. It was part of a collection, and I thought for its detail, the best of the lot.

dannzeman
April 25th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Here ya go: http://fpgeeks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/41-Paraphernalia

tytoalba
April 25th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Thanks Dan!

OakIris
April 26th, 2013, 08:36 AM
That's a great rocking blotter! I'd love to see a rat letter opener.
+1
That is a lovely blotter! Though your description in your next post is very good, I, too, would love to see some photos of your "rat infested" letter opener - sounds really cool!

Wow, Dan - thank you!! Ask and ye shall receive! :applause: Quite a treat to participate on a board where admin is so responsive to feedback from participants. Heading to the new forum now!

Holly

tytoalba
April 26th, 2013, 09:05 AM
have taken some phone shots of the rat. they are zooming to dropbox - whether my tech deficient brain can recall how to load them is another matter lol

KrazyIvan
April 26th, 2013, 09:08 AM
have taken some phone shots of the rat. they are zooming to dropbox - whether my tech deficient brain can recall how to load them is another matter lol

Just share the photos on Dropbox (make them public) and it should give you a link to use with the [img] tags.