PDA

View Full Version : how to reply to replies

The20cenaddict
July 13th, 2017, 07:26 PM
I have a basic problem. I placed an ad recently, and noticed that there were replies. But, how do I respond to an individual reply, without it being posted? I tried to send a private message, and also to send an email, but nothing works. What can I do?? Please advise. Thanks David

Chrissy
July 14th, 2017, 03:22 AM
To reply to Private Messages that you've received, go into your Notifications tab where you will find your Inbox and the messages should all be listed.

To send a Private Message to another member just click on their user name and choose Private Message.

Is this what you meant?

The20cenaddict
July 14th, 2017, 06:03 PM
To reply to Private Messages that you've received, go into your Notifications tab where you will find your Inbox and the messages should all be listed.

To send a Private Message to another member just click on their user name and choose Private Message.

Is this what you meant?

Well, I guess it all comes down to what is considered "private". I am just trying to reply to a basic reply to my thread (ad). This could be from anyone. My only requirement is that my answer is only seen by the person who replied, not as a thread answer. Sending a private message does nothing. Hope you can help me. Thanks David

jar
July 14th, 2017, 06:05 PM

Is this what you meant?

Well, I guess it all comes down to what is considered "private". I am just trying to reply to a basic reply to my thread (ad). This could be from anyone. My only requirement is that my answer is only seen by the person who replied, not as a thread answer. Sending a private message does nothing. Hope you can help me. Thanks David

Fortunately there is no way other than by sending a private message. So no can do.

Chrissy
July 15th, 2017, 01:07 AM

Is this what you meant?

There are only two options: Reply on the thread (everyone can see it) or send a Private Message (only you and the recipient can see it)

If you're saying that you sent a Private Message, and the recipient has not replied, then there is nothing you can do to make them reply.

jar
July 15th, 2017, 04:44 AM
I have a basic problem. I placed an ad recently, and noticed that there were replies. But, how do I respond to an individual reply, without it being posted? I tried to send a private message, and also to send an email, but nothing works. What can I do?? Please advise. Thanks David

You sent me a Private Message; I got the message; I replied to you. Now IF you got my reply the system works. IF you did not get my reply then let Admin know.

FredRydr
July 16th, 2017, 07:22 AM
Be aware that the private message system is kinda screwy, as though it was halfway set up but never completed. You'll see what I mean when you try to select a few old messages from your inbox to delete. Compare to deleting old messages from your sent box.

It goes with the territory, and FPGeeks just keeps limping along!

Fred

TSherbs
July 16th, 2017, 11:38 AM
Be aware that the private message system is kinda screwy, as though it was halfway set up but never completed. You'll see what I mean when you try to select a few old messages from your inbox to delete. Compare to deleting old messages from your sent box.

It goes with the territory, and FPGeeks just keeps limping along!

Fred

I'm one of the proud mental peglegs here :tea: