PDA

View Full Version : Purple Lavender Recalled by Montblanc

guruchill
April 25th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Most upset - having purchased a Montblanc only three weeks ago; yesterday I was told that Montblanc have recalled Lavender Purple. Had this confirmed by Montblanc UK sales this morning, and there are no current plans to reintroduce it. What shoulod I fill my new starwalker with now for purple goodness?

caribbean_skye
April 25th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Oh wow, did they indicate why?

As for purple inks... Have you tried Rohrer & Klingner Cassia, Noodlers North African Violet, Private Reserve Plum or Pilot Iroshizuku Murasaki Shibuku?

Rollo the Cat
April 25th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Yes, please update as to the reasons! I have a bottle and truthfully don't like it even though it is a good ink.

Laura N
April 25th, 2013, 12:09 PM
I hope we can get some more information. I bought a bottle last year and have had no problems. I wonder if it's just related to a recent batch.

guruchill
April 25th, 2013, 12:37 PM
The latest information I have (I have been promised a call back from the Customer Services director in the UK, so I will update more as I know) is that there are 'viscosity issues' with all batches. My MB dealer has asked that I return my MB to the store as soon as possible for a full deep clean :-o!

tytoalba
April 25th, 2013, 12:52 PM
The latest information I have (I have been promised a call back from the Customer Services director in the UK, so I will update more as I know) is that there are 'viscosity issues' with all batches. My MB dealer has asked that I return my MB to the store as soon as possible for a full deep clean :-o!
This sounds reasonably serious.. I would follow through with their suggestion.
Personally I like when a business stands behind their product, and responsibly issues a recall when necessary.
Oyster Grey currently tops my shopping list, and will buy with confidence.

Flake
April 25th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Hmm. I've never had a problem with my lavender purple, that's a shame. I guess I need to call my local stores and see what's up. Thanks for the heads up!

klpeabody
April 25th, 2013, 06:46 PM
I am sad to hear this news. I really enjoy this ink and don't recall having any issues with it. I am almost finished with my current bottle and was planning on buying another. Sounds like that will prove to be a problem. That kinda stinks! =(

guruchill
April 26th, 2013, 02:46 AM
I have now received this email from Montblanc customer service; a different story to that received over the phone.

Indeed we confirm we are temporarily due to legal reasons withdrawing our
lavender ink. This is undergoing a redesign in manufacture and thus will
be temporarily unavailable for a period.
Thank you
Yours sincerely
Montblanc Customer Service

Sleepyside
April 26th, 2013, 11:27 AM
What the heck does this even mean? Is using it going to cause cancer?

I bought mine last summer at the Raleigh show solely for the bottle. I was not that impressed with the ink, as I have a LOT of purple ink and all of them are better. But I wanted the bottle. I think I have used it once. Should I dump it and salvage the bottle? When I open it, will I find SITB? WHATTTTT????

tandaina
April 26th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Probably means it contains something that the US doesn't allow for import. There was another ink recently that had to reformulate due to new US regulations.

Rollo the Cat
April 26th, 2013, 12:14 PM
I called US customer service last night and was told it is being withdrawn becasue the formula wasn't as permanent as they would have liked. They said there was no danger form the ink.

I was actually hoping they would take it back and refund me the mone as I am not using it.

Newjelan
April 27th, 2013, 02:56 AM
Oh, that's a relief. Contrary to most people posting here, I love this ink and can happily continue to use my bottle. Now, as for Irish Green...:puke:

Laura N
April 27th, 2013, 09:28 AM
I'm relieved, as a fan, too. And, the way things go in this crazy hobby, in the future there may be a clamor for this ink. I look forward to selling it for $60 plus $30 shipping. :)

Flake
April 28th, 2013, 08:54 AM
I went by the boutique yesterday and the lady working there looked at me like I was insane when I mentioned i'd heard there was a recall. Between that and the "not dangerous" phone call, I'm feeling much better now.