PDA

View Full Version : Barrel cracks in Auroras

lowks
July 18th, 2017, 09:12 PM
Recently I found two incidents of Aurora barrel cracking to be comfortable. I was in a shop one day looking at the Aurora America pen: https://www.nibs.com/pens/aurora/aurora-america-limited-edition. When I unscrewed the cap and wanted to screw it back, the pen literally broke into two in my hands at the section where it's supposed to screw in. The sales person was understandably distraught, I just thanked god they did not ask me to pay for the pen!

The same day I bought a Aurora 88 demonstrator from the same store and after a few weeks of using, as I was measuring the pen with calipers, I noticed the place where the cap screws onto the barrel has a hair line crack on it. I have always liked Auroras and always thought of them as solid workhorses I have a mare, 88 and one optima bought quite a few years ago that are still chugging along without problems.

Have anyone else encountered similar issues with their pens of late ?

RocketRyan
July 18th, 2017, 11:14 PM
I have two, no issues so far.

lowks
July 21st, 2017, 03:56 PM
I have returned mine for warranty repair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aurora
August 8th, 2017, 09:40 AM
They will take care of you, but you will need patience.

I have 16 Auroras, and I only noticed cracking issues with the clear housings used on the demonstrators, never on actual barrels. Luckily, these housings can be replaced easily without shipping your pen to Turin.

Eabo
August 11th, 2017, 01:46 PM
My 85th Anniversary FP broke twice where the window joins the barrel. Aurora fixed it quickly both times. No issues with any of my Optima pens.

lowks
August 11th, 2017, 06:40 PM
My 85th Anniversary FP broke twice where the window joins the barrel. Aurora fixed it quickly both times. No issues with any of my Optima pens.

Oh my god! How long did they take ?

Eabo
November 4th, 2017, 01:08 PM
If I recall 4 weeks, which isn't bad. The pen has been great ever since.