PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Very nice Dutch made 1930's fountain pen, branded 'STAR NORMAAL'

Lexaf
July 20th, 2017, 09:31 AM
After been away here from the forum for quite some time I'm picking up the pieces.
I decided to start over with some clearance sale of my collection.
Here is one:

Very pretty blue herringbone celluloid pen, manufactured in The Netherlands in the early 1930's.

The design is clearly inspired bij the Parker Duofold from that time, as was the case with many German pens in that era.
The pen is branded 'STAR NORMAAL'. This is not a known mark for me ( I know of the Danish 'Star' pens, but this one is different). NORMAAL is Dutch for 'normal', or 'standard'. I like to believe it was made by one of the many small pen manufacturers that were active in the Netherlands in that time, making individually branded pens for a lot of different stationary/book shops, working with prefabricated German parts.
The odd branding, which is engraved actually, indicates possibly a prototype model.

The pen is completely restored by me and writes soft & wet.

Specifications:
Material: Barrel and cap are made of blue herringbone celluloid. Cap top, blind cap, section and feeder are made of black ebonite/hard rubber.
Clip and cap bands are gold plated brass.
Nib is 14K gold, marked 'Warranted 14Ct 1st quality' and has a fairly flexible medium iridium pointed nib. (See picture).
Filling system: Button filler with an new silicone ink sac.
Length capped: 115mm
Posted: 142mm
Without cap: 108mm
Width over barrel: 12mm
Over cap:14mm

Asking US$ 50,-- for this rather unique and beautiful old pen.

Shipping is us $ 10,-- for unregistered no tracking standard priority lettermail, worldwide, or us$ 20, for registered mail, incl. track&trace
(Sorry, shipping charges have gone up like crazy!)

When interested, please click HERE (lexvangalen@gmail.com), to send me an e-mail.
Payment by PAYPAL only.

Please see the pictures, thanks for viewing.

Lloyd
July 20th, 2017, 10:53 AM
Very pretty pen, Lexaf.

Lexaf
July 20th, 2017, 03:51 PM
Thanks Lloyd!

Lexaf
July 20th, 2017, 03:52 PM
Made a reservation, sold pending payment.

Lexaf
July 22nd, 2017, 06:41 AM
SOLD. Pen is on its way to a new home. Thanks Guia!:crazy_pilot: