PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Cute ladies / mid size blue celluloid pen, Dutch manufacture, 1950's

Lexaf
July 22nd, 2017, 10:08 AM
Amongst the numerous green, gray and brown marbled vintage celluloid pens, the red and the blue celluloids with a well preserved color are pretty rare.
Here is a beautifully colored, striped blue one.

The imprint on the barrel is 'Typ Super' , which is a typical fantasy OEM bookshop brand. The design and material indicate however this pen was made by the 'UNION VULPEN FABRIEK' in The Hague, Netherlands. UNION was one of the more important independent fountain pen manufacturers in The Netherlands from the mid 1920's until 1957, when they stopped production, due to the ballpoint taking over the market.
Contrary to a lot of (smaller) Dutch pen manufacturers from that time, UNION designed and produced all their pens and parts 'in house'. Many other Dutch brands were just assembling pens (sometimes of own design) from prefabricated German parts, often coming from the large Heidelberg pen industry.
The pen I am offering here is completely restored by me. It writes soft & smooth with a remarkably flexable F to BB medium wet line. (see the writing sample in the pictures)

Specifications:
Brand: TYP SUPER (almost certainly made by UNION, The Netherlands)
Material: Barrel and cap are made of blue and black vertically striped celluloid.
Section, feeder, cap jewel and blind end cap are made of black ebonite/hard rubber.
Clip and cap band are made of gold plated brass, with some very light plating los due to age.
Nib: 14K gold. F to BB flex.
Filling system: Button filler with a new silicone ink sac.
Length capped: 120mm
Posted: 150mm
Without cap: 112mm
Width over barrel: 10,7mm
Over cap:12,4mm

Asking US$ 55,-- for this beautiful old pen.

Shipping is us $ 10,-- for unregistered no tracking standard priority lettermail, worldwide, or us$ 20, for registered mail, incl. track&trace
(Sorry, shipping charges have gone up like crazy!)

When interested, please click HERE (lexvangalen@gmail.com), to send me an e-mail.
Payment by PAYPAL only.

Please see the pictures, thanks for viewing.

Lexaf
July 22nd, 2017, 02:09 PM
ON HOLD pending payment.

john
July 23rd, 2017, 05:06 AM
It's too bad, I'm too late to find this jewel:cry: If the buyer let it go, I gonna have it immediately.

Lexaf
July 24th, 2017, 04:12 AM
So sorry, John, but do not cry too long, there will be more offers 4sale from me on this site in near future, so keep checking!
Cheers,
Lex

Lexaf
July 24th, 2017, 04:18 AM
@John: Please read pm, GOOD NEWS :)

Jobesmirage
July 24th, 2017, 04:55 AM
This would make such a good pair with that other pen you listed a few days ago

Lexaf
July 24th, 2017, 05:40 AM
According to color, yes, it does, but totally different shapes and the STAR is much older. Technically in the same category, both button fillers.
BTW, its ( again) on hold pending payment now. Thanks.

Lunaelsol
July 24th, 2017, 02:28 PM
Wow again? well that means I have a chance ;-)

kevmid
July 24th, 2017, 02:58 PM
You may have a chance Lunaelsol because it seems that some of us who did the right thing and emailed Lexaf rather than putting a note on this thread have been forgotten and the pen has gone to someone else who applied to buy it later.

It is nice if a seller follows their own rules when selling a pen.
The first rule was chronological order, when I emailed I was told the first buyer had emailed a few hours before so it was reserved for them.
So please Lexaf if you ask people to email you, then remember who has emailed you in what order so if the sale does not go through you can offer it to the next person in line.
Maybe write it down.

John puts a message on this thread (not an email to the OP as requested) a day after me and gets offered the pen.
So please Lexaf if you are going to stipulate a method of communication to buyers, then please honour that and don't take the next message in whatever format it comes and sell to that person.

I realise you are an experienced seller and restorer and mistakes happen but I write this here so maybe the mistake is remembered a little better and you take a bit more care of potential clients and it doesn't happen to someone else. Otherwise people can lose trust in you. Not happy.

Lexaf
July 24th, 2017, 03:36 PM
Wow again? well that means I have a chance ;-)

So sorry, but there will be more pens.

Lexaf
July 24th, 2017, 03:47 PM
It is nice if a seller follows their own rules when selling a pen.

Yes indeed, Kevmid. Point taken. Everyone makes mistakes, me too. I already made my sincere apologies to you in a PM.
So was it really required then to bring it out again here in public? What's the point in flaming and trying to damage my reputation?
Get a life! It's just a pen!

Not happy with this either.

Lexaf
July 26th, 2017, 08:57 AM
SOLD