PDA

View Full Version : The ol' "Montblanc-Ink-for-Demonstrator-Pens-VERY-RARE!!" thread

FredRydr
July 23rd, 2017, 04:46 AM
I was wondering what happened to the Montblanc ink for Demonstrator Pens - VERY RARE (https://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/12392-Montblanc-Ink-for-Demonstrator-Pens-VERY-RARE!!) thread. It took a bit of digging but I found it closed in the classifieds.

Alas, the OP photos must've been hosted elsewhere, but I found those, too. Remember yearning for this grail ink?

Fred

Chrissy
July 23rd, 2017, 04:50 AM
I don't remember any previous threads about it. Is it a joke? :)

Edit: I've now been and read the previous thread. For some reason I must have missed the fact that there was a link. I even replied to the original thread!

jar
July 23rd, 2017, 04:52 AM
It was also included with the Die neuen Kleider des Kaisers Limited Edition.

Pterodactylus
July 23rd, 2017, 04:58 AM
If you look at the picture, you can see that it is only a sticker with "Demonstrator ink" applied to it.

FredRydr
July 23rd, 2017, 05:10 AM
If you look at the picture, you can see that it is only a sticker with "Demonstrator ink" applied to it.
:clap2: No shit, Sherlock!

Chrissy
July 23rd, 2017, 05:14 AM
Absolutely! I saw that and that's why I asked if it was a joke. :)

Chrissy
July 23rd, 2017, 05:16 AM
Rule one: When you intend to try to fool people by sticking a sticker over part of a bottle label, make sure that you don't make it so big that it sticks over the white outline of the original label. :)

VertOlive
July 23rd, 2017, 07:24 AM
A must have ink!

And lookit that EPIC MidCentury living room!!!

SIR
July 23rd, 2017, 08:10 AM

LOL!!

Though it does give me the idea that maybe a clear iron gall (or similar) ink could be made that would be colourless in bottle then react with paper to create a visible result.

Scrawler
July 23rd, 2017, 10:21 AM

spoilsport

Sammyo
July 23rd, 2017, 09:58 PM
I love the fact that if you look at the second picture, they forgot to hide the ink colour on the box. You can clearly read "Schwarz●black●noire●negro●nero●ブラック●黒色"... it has most languages covered, just in case people weren't sure :facepalm::pound:

Jon Szanto
July 23rd, 2017, 10:40 PM
The thing I can't figure out is why anyone would manufacture a pen to carry to a demonstration. Wouldn't people worry that it would get lost or damaged if there was a scuffle with the police or security? Dropped to the ground during passionate chanting <insert political slogan-chanting here>?

Marsilius
July 24th, 2017, 10:37 AM
IIRC, J. Herbin had a similar inked called "Les Habits neufs de l'empereur." I tried it and was particularly impressed by its transparency and clarity.