PDA

View Full Version : An update to the Washington D.C. Pen Show's First Pay-it-Forward table and a giveaway

Penthusiast
July 25th, 2017, 07:59 AM
There are 10 days left until the DC Pen Supershow, and I am continually blown away by the generosity of the community. This week we have completed the printing of a majority of materials such as a banner, stickers and brochures about the event. Things have been kicked into high gear as the pen show approaches, as we plan on giving out 200 boxes with fountain pen starter kits and prizes including vintage Sheaffers, a custom pen by the legendary Jonathon Brooks of the Carolina Pen Company, and other goodies that have been donated towards our event.

Supplies have been steadily increasing, as this week I had over 15 boxes waiting for me to unpack on Friday. Our donors and sponsors have sent us in items ranging from Platinum Preppies to vintage flex pens, and other pen paraphernalia to introduce to our "Take a Pen, Give a Pen" section for all to use. There will be starter packages for people to take stacked on the counter, but we ask that if you have a child, that you ask for a special child pack that we will have put together for them that include stickers, a few more decorations and a surprise. Lastly, as I have mentioned, Krystle Azer will be assisting with our show and have Hippo Notos for people to write in and test out, as well as sample vials of the Hippo Ink, which was created by Robert Oster.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/594a8ef472af65a4932e371a/t/5975e4cbe58c628c613f2689/1500898515444/?format=750w

Lastly, as some of you may know, I do dabble in the collection and repair of vintage pen repair and decided to repair a pen to give back to the community. As a way to start things off before the show, and allow those who are unable to attend to benefit, I've put together a special package that will include:
•one Field Notes Original Kraft notebook,
•a Sheaffer Triumph 440 fountain pen that writes as a medium, but has also been tuned to reverse write as a fine
•a sample of Pilot Blue Black
•a random sample of ink
•and a few other goodies

Check out the link below to enter!

https://www.thepenthusiast.com/pay-it-forward/update-2