PDA

View Full Version : Pen Posse Pelikan Hub Discussion Editon

AltecGreen
July 27th, 2017, 09:49 PM
Sorry for the delay. The Posse is back to Peter's this week. I won't be there but Posse away. I'm sure there will be discussion about the Palo Alto Pelikan Hub. Hopefully someone gets a clue. Otherwise, I'm going to have to order a truckload of popcorn.

Sunday July 30th

1:00 pm

Peter's Cafe
10 El Camino Real, Millbrae, California 94030

tenney
July 27th, 2017, 11:05 PM
Has anyone told Daphne to hold the room for us?

The Palo Alto hub is definitely happening...

AltecGreen
July 27th, 2017, 11:17 PM
Has anyone told Daphne to hold the room for us?

The Palo Alto hub is definitely happening...

I know the Palo Alto Hub is going to happen. However, there is a reason everyone signed up for Palo Alto. Since you don't read FB you probably missed the planning and discussion. A lot of people went through the trouble to change their location to Palo Alto (and confusing Pelikan at one point). So I hope at the Pen Posse people can get on the same page. I don't care one way or another. It's all entertaining for me.

I have not spoken to Daphne about this week. Hopefully she will see the post on FaceBook. I wonder if she managed to get the tickets to KCON?????

tenney
July 28th, 2017, 11:31 PM
Indeed I did miss all of the FB discussions. 45 people signed up for Palo Alto.

I've been in contact with G since Pelikan made me the Hub Master for Palo Alto, but I knew it should have been someone else (Lawrence, I just found out). Trying to get it all corrected with Pelikan (cc'ing G of course).

Farmboy
July 29th, 2017, 12:14 AM

I've been in contact with G since Pelikan made me the Hub Master for Palo Alto, but I knew it should have been someone else (Lawrence, I just found out). Trying to get it all corrected with Pelikan (cc'ing G of course).

Since I'm the "Palo Alto" contact at Stanford, I'm completely confused. I was under the impression that you had to request to be a hub master. How exactly did more than one person request Palo Alto when only the Stanford kids had a venue secured? Also, Gary was requested Belmont then had his request merged into Palo Alto.

I'm completely confused. Hope someone sorts it out.

This was discussed extensively at a Posse...live and in person.

Once could safely say my impression of the whole hub thing isn't on the rise...

lsmith42
July 29th, 2017, 01:13 AM

Since I'm the "Palo Alto" contact at Stanford, I'm completely confused. I was under the impression that you had to request to be a hub master. How exactly did more than one person request Palo Alto when only the Stanford kids had a venue secured? Also, Gary was requested Belmont then had his request merged into Palo Alto.

Maybe you're a spoke instead of a hub?

Farmboy
July 29th, 2017, 09:56 AM

Maybe you're a spoke instead of a hub?
Spoke implies we have a wheel. Not sure of that

tenney
July 30th, 2017, 12:48 AM
Before I had heard of any Belmont or Palo Alto hub, I offered to once again be hub master for "SF" (i.e. at Peter's). THEN once I heard about Palo Alto, G helped me to switch to Palo Alto -- not requesting to be a hub master, just to attend.

I haven't heard back from Pelikan, but I'm SURE they'll work it out. I specifically said that Lawrence was already arranging it and that he should be the hub master... but I offered to help him if Pelikan wanted that.

I just plan to be there and appreciate all that Todd and Lawrence have done / will do... and I'm happy to help in any way.