PDA

View Full Version : The Hairball

Paddler
July 29th, 2017, 01:14 PM
From the Cat Journal, May 2015:

At about sparrow fart this morning, I awoke to the sound of a cat retching. It is a good thing to fully awaken when this happens, so that one can listen closely and judge where the deed is being done. If I have to get up in the night, it is best to know where the cats are laying down the minefield. I find it an unwelcome surprise, while walking through the house in the dark, to mash a cold hairball into the carpet with a bare foot.

For carpet it must be. Whenever Sasha (our only long-haired cat) feels a hairball a-coming, His Lordship will run to find a piece of carpet to chuck it on. Wood, tile, or linoleum floors won't do at all. Could he stand on carpet and propel his cylindrical ejecta onto the hard floor? Nay, nay! He's gotta go luxury class all the way.

Come daylight, I found the night's deposit on the living room carpet, next to the great harp. Both cats were sitting expectantly waiting for breakfast and looking completely innocent.

I kicked our nocturnal gift out the side door and onto the porch. There, I used my pitching wedge and chipped that baby into the yard where the neighborhood dogs will find it and be grateful. Life is good when treats fall from the sky.

MCR>
Abstractor of the Quintessence
Order of the Digital Grail

R.A. Stewart
August 1st, 2017, 12:41 PM
Yep, always on the carpet, the nicer the carpet the better. Must have been a tough choice though: carpet, or the harp itself?

Paddler
August 1st, 2017, 08:36 PM
Yep, always on the carpet, the nicer the carpet the better. Must have been a tough choice though: carpet, or the harp itself?

There are three harps. When a hairball is imminent, there is no time to choose one.:puke: