PDA

View Full Version : Parker Duofold Demi / Mini Green Check FINE nib - Dipped only

kaisnowbird
April 26th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Up for sale (or trade) is my Parker Duofold Demi / Mini FP in Green/Olive Check, Platinum plated trim, with a FINE 18K gold firm nib.
Made in 2006, I believe. It has only been dip tested (with Montblanc Jonathan Swift ink, see below), never fully inked.
Comes with original packaging, user manual, and 12 cartridges (6 black, 6 blue).

Please note: This is a cartridge only pen.
Its size is close to a TWSBI Mini, but thinner.
$215 plus shipping (from Australia).
Feel free to ask any questions.

fountainpenkid
April 26th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Will the kaweconverter fit it?

kaisnowbird
April 26th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Will the kaweconverter fit it?

Hi FPK,

I don't actually own a Kaweconverter, but I doubt it would work. As I understand it, the Kaweconverter fits pens that accept standard international cartridge. Parker pens, on the other hand, always use Parker's own proprietary cartridges and converter, and Duofold Mini must use Parker Mini cartridges.

It's a real shame that they use this ploy to sell more cartridges, but probably just end up selling less pens.

With this pen, I'd just use a syringe to refill a cartridge with my bottled ink. If you are interested and don't have a syringe handy, I can throw in a new 1.0 ml syringe, which is great for filling these smaller cartridges.

Frankly, this is a gorgeous pocket pen to carry around and handle the occasional quick writing, but if you have 'fairly large hands' :wink:, need to take two hours of lecture notes, or hate a stiff nib, this is not for you.

Cheers

kirkylarky
April 28th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Thanks for contacting me.
Unfortunately, we werent able to work something out

kaisnowbird
April 28th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Sure I'm interested, at least very curious. I'll email you. :)

kaisnowbird
May 1st, 2013, 08:23 AM
Trade wasn't successful (but I saw some real eye candies:cheer2:), the pen is still up for grabs.