PDA

View Full Version : Which Visconti should I buy?

nachum
July 31st, 2017, 08:01 AM
I want to buy my first Visconti and I'm debating between the following 4 pens:
Homo Sapiens steel oversize
Manhattan Magma
Metropolitan Green
Divina black midi

Anything inherently better about any of the above? any other suggestions for a first Visconti?

RocketRyan
July 31st, 2017, 08:42 AM
Apart from the bronze or dark age being my preference for the homosapien, they all look lovely, I don't envy your dilemma.

nachum
July 31st, 2017, 09:07 AM
RocketRyan - if i go HS, midi or oversize?

penwash
July 31st, 2017, 09:15 AM
How about the Van Gogh series? I really like the material, but the steel nib for the price stopped me from buying.

stevekolt
July 31st, 2017, 10:45 AM
Out of your choices, the HS. I had the maxi, and found it to be too large/heavy for me. I have the Bronze Age, and Dark Ages in the midi version. Two of my favorite pens...

RocketRyan
July 31st, 2017, 01:40 PM
I'm probably more of a midi size person myself.
As for the van Gogh, you can but a dream touch nib from visconti for £170. On my to buy list.

nachum
July 31st, 2017, 08:32 PM
found a great deal on evilbay and just purchased an hs steel oversize. hope i like it!

nachum
August 4th, 2017, 08:26 AM
reporting back... the hs steel maxi landed. i inked it this morning. i love this pen! it is definitely not too big or heavy for me. the balance feels perfect. it writes like a dream. and i love the look of the pen itself. my only problem is deciding which visconti to buy next!

RocketRyan
August 4th, 2017, 09:30 AM
Divina or wall Street would be my choice next.

nachum
August 4th, 2017, 09:59 AM
thanks brother!

07camrymx
September 22nd, 2017, 10:06 AM
Hi there!

My fist Visconti was the Homo Sapiens Bronze (the large version) in EF, I loved it, and still do, I'm glad you liked your purchase, also, I won a Homo Sapiens LE Chiantishire from Appelboom on instagram, I just recieved it...and is awesome! the acriloid material in the barrel is awesome, kind of 3D effect, the cap is gorgeous, overall, one of the best pens I have ever used and own. You can consider this model also for your collection or the other colors (Florentine Hills and London Fog).

Cheers,

Luis A.

raulfragoso
September 23rd, 2017, 08:19 AM
Another vote for the Homo Sapiens! Mine is the first version from 2010 with the stub palladium nib, still love it!

https://i.imgur.com/t68QMMS.jpg

whichwatch
September 23rd, 2017, 08:51 AM
I had a Homo Sapiens bronze full size but found it a bit large and heavy for my taste. I sold it and bought a Steel Age Midi and love it.

I would love to find a Crystal Swirls but haven't scored one yet. I was unfortunately a touch too late on one last week. Lots of London Fogs, but I prefer the colors on Crystal Swirls. I think the Visconti demos (whichever color scheme one prefers) makes a nice addition to a Visconti group.

Elias
September 2nd, 2019, 04:29 AM
Hi RocketRyan,

Did you get the Van Gogh?
I am looking at: https://bellamysworld.com/accessories-fountain-pens/visconti-van-gogh-fountain-pen

What do you mean by dream touch nib and any to be found there?