PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Kaweco 12G Sport set

Sagebrush64
August 6th, 2017, 07:55 PM
(SOLD) Up for sale today is this very nice Kaweco Sport Set. The fountain pen is a model 12 with an open Oblique Broad 14kt. nib unlike most of the later models which had hooded nibs. This particular pen was manufactured in the mid 1950's and looks surprisingly good considering. Again, unlike modern Kaweco Sports, this pen has a piston filling mechanism which was the standard for most German pens of the day.

I've owned this pen set of several years but only inked it once since it is a duplicate for me. I've not done any work on the pen except to thoroughly flush it after using it. I did just check the piston function and it sucks, holds and expels water just as it should. The model 618 ballpoints function is good too, but it will need a new ballpoint refill (Schneider 75 Express if my memory serves me correctly).

Cosmetically, both pens have the expected micro scratches but no bite marks, cracks or gouges. The metal hood on the ballpoint does have some scratches.

The set comes in the original leather sleeve that is adorned with a brass Kaweco medallion. The stitching on the end of the sleeve has at some point been compromised leaving a gap. I'm sure this can be easily repaired, but the pens fit snugly in the sleeve so there is no chance of them falling out accidentally.

Sorry for the crumby pictures...I really need a light box. If you have any questions, please ask.

I'm asking SOLD delivered anywhere within CONUS only.

Thanks for looking.

penwash
August 6th, 2017, 08:12 PM
Email sent