PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from the South Texas Coast

ransky
April 26th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Hi everyone, hope all is well and thanks for having me aboard. I joined a little while back, but haven't been active. I've thought from time to time to join in, but it didn't seem right without saying hello first.

I've been in fountain pens for only a short time - two or three years I guess. In that time, I've gathered a modest group of pens. I have no special focus or likes, except that I much prefer the convenience of modern pens (c/c and the occasional piston). My hat is off to folks who like vintage. I find them much too fiddly. Work days, I carry a Franklin-Christoph Penvelope Six with whatever is in current rotation. I have a special love for my Bexley Owners Club 2010 in black - that's the G-10 pen. It has a steel duo nib from Richard Binder. Super pen. Anyway, hello from the South Texas Coast. ransky

tytoalba
April 26th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Hi ransky,
do you have one of the Franklin Christof pens? I think the one that I find very handsome is called the 29?

Robert
April 26th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Hi, ransky. If you're in the Rockport-Corpus Christi area, it's one of my favorite get-away destinations (at least in the cooler months!). Any decent pen stores down that way?

Robert

caribbean_skye
April 26th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Welcome welcome. Alles sehr gut.

Seems that Texas is being well represented. Feel free to jump right on in.

ransky
April 26th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Yes, Corpus Christi area. Great place to be! I do have an F-C 29. Very nice pen, super design, but a bit heavy. I prefer I think the F-C 25. It's a little unique, but that just makes it special.

jar
April 26th, 2013, 04:46 PM
How's the weather up north?

ransky
April 26th, 2013, 04:48 PM
@ jar - Ha!

Running to a church dinner. See you guys in a bit!

KrazyIvan
April 26th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Welcome Ransky.

ransky
April 26th, 2013, 07:52 PM
To all, thanks for the welcome!

Jar, how far south? There's a fair stretch to the Rio Grande from here. BTW, appreciate your reviews and photos.

Barbara
April 26th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Welcome!

tytoalba
April 26th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Yes, Corpus Christi area. Great place to be! I do have an F-C 29. Very nice pen, super design, but a bit heavy. I prefer I think the F-C 25. It's a little unique, but that just makes it special.

Thanks ransky - too heavy would not be good at all. Already have a Carene gathering dust in the original box.

jar
April 26th, 2013, 08:02 PM
To all, thanks for the welcome!

Jar, how far south? There's a fair stretch to the Rio Grande from here. BTW, appreciate your reviews and photos.

Few miles from the Rio Grande.

thagbert
April 26th, 2013, 08:10 PM
From another Texan,

Welcome to the fold!