PDA

View Full Version : What converter does Aurora 98 take ?

lowks
August 10th, 2017, 05:05 PM
I just got a Aurora 98 from fleabay and it's a CC pen. It came without a converter though, so my question is which kind of converter fits an Aurora 98 ?

stub
August 10th, 2017, 05:25 PM
Platinum converters are said to fit some older Aurora pens like the 888 and Duocart.

catbert
August 10th, 2017, 05:38 PM
Yes, a Platinum converter fits my vintage Duocart. I guess a standard international would work if I used the Platinum adapter widget.

But my Archivi Storici, which is effectively a late-model c/c 98, takes a Parker or Lamy converter. (It came with an Aurora trik-trak squeeze converter which perished after a couple of fills.)

jar
August 10th, 2017, 07:33 PM
the 98 and modern Auroras use the Parker standard cartridge/converter.

Jerome Tarshis
August 11th, 2017, 03:47 AM
jar is right that the more recent Aurora c/c pens will take Parker cartridges and converters. At the risk of seeming childish, however, I'd like to point out not only that the 98 will take Aurora converters of the present day, but that it might be preferable to buy one. The current Parker twist converter (the "Deluxe" model) comes with a black plastic thing at the end. Many users don't care for it, and prefer the previous model, with a steel sleeve at the end that connects with the nib.

One can find that older Parker Deluxe converter on eBay or at pen shows, and it's what I prefer. Otherwise, it's worth considering Aurora's own twist piston converter.

Chrissy
August 11th, 2017, 05:21 AM
jar is right that the more recent Aurora c/c pens will take Parker cartridges and converters. At the risk of seeming childish, however, I'd like to point out not only that the 98 will take Aurora converters of the present day, but that it might be preferable to buy one. The current Parker twist converter (the "Deluxe" model) comes with a black plastic thing at the end. Many users don't care for it, and prefer the previous model, with a steel sleeve at the end that connects with the nib.

One can find that older Parker Deluxe converter on eBay or at pen shows, and it's what I prefer. Otherwise, it's worth considering Aurora's own twist piston converter.
I'm one of those users who prefer my converters to have the steel sleeve at the end of my Parker and Waterman converters. The plastic ones split really easily then the converter doesn't work