PDA

View Full Version : SOLD M1005 1.4mm nib unit

kyleparsons4842
August 16th, 2017, 08:15 AM
Hello,

I am selling a nib unit off of a pelikan m1005. This is the full rhodium coated nib. It started its life as a fine, but went to Greg Minuskin for a retip to a 1.4mm (not a stub, though it is still pretty stubby due to the size). When it was returned to me, I noticed that the slit was not cut perfectly perpendicular to the writing surface (you can see in the picture) and the nib was skipping on every paper I tried it on. I sent the nib off to Mark Bacas to see if he could perform some life saving miracle on it. When the nib came back from Mark, it was FAR better than when I received it from Greg; very smooth, very wet, very soft. There is still some hard starting, though that could be the paper and I also tend to unintentionally rotate my pens, so that could be it too...either way, I am selling it to try and recoup some of the money I put into it.

Pictures:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxVASxeyGugkdDZOOHNkTEo3Zkk

Asking price: $150, free shipping to CONUS, but international is a no go as I have had too many bad experiences. At this price, all I am getting back is the money I spent on the nib work, and essentially losing all my money on the nib itself. Hopefully my loss is your gain.

Thanks for looking,
Kyle