PDA

View Full Version : I just won an auction of Visconti Divina Desert spring and i would like some advice..

Onionartz
August 16th, 2017, 01:10 PM
I just won an auction of Visconti Divina Desert Spring oversize fountain pen for 230Euros at MarteModena. This was an impulse buy, when i ran in to the auction while browsing and joined it when there was like 20mins left. This is the first time i have won an auction. I looked around and the pen price starts at 500 euro and go all the way upto 900 euro. So what is the deal, why is it this cheap? I already payed for it, but more i think about the price, more i want to ask some one :-)

-Pradeesh

mulrich
August 16th, 2017, 08:38 PM
Those auctions often have large shipping and handling fees but you got a decent deal on a new pen. This is cheaper than most deals from MarteModena but they're often below market prices.

howf
August 25th, 2017, 06:57 AM
Hi. I own that pen and it is beautiful. I bought on eBay one year ago for 695 USD from a reputable seller. Looking at eBay and the forums lately, the price has gone down, but not that mutch Looks like you got a great deal. Please post back once you receive it and update us.

Onionartz
August 25th, 2017, 07:05 AM
They have not shipped the pen out though. They did accept the payment on the same day (16th August). The pen is always shown in stock and there is always more auctions running for the same pen. They have many reasons regarding the shipping delay - Summer vacation at visconti factory, 15 working day shipping policy, Visconti management change etc.....Since the deal was very good, i am waiting. I really hope that martemodena will honor the deal at the end.

mulrich
August 25th, 2017, 07:43 AM
I'm surprised it's taking this long to ship but I'm sure they'll honor the deal. They have a long history, not all perfect, and they should deliver. I didn't know they had a 15 working day shipping policy but you have until Sept 6 for that deadline to come. I wouldn't stress about it until the 6th, and then give it another week or so before I really started to worry. There's a price to be paid for really good deals, long shipping times can be one of them.

Onionartz
August 25th, 2017, 08:07 AM

Ahriman4891
August 25th, 2017, 10:20 AM
Is it possible they are running a Massdrop-like gig behind the scenes? I.e. wait for a certain number of orders to accumulate, and only then place an order with the manufacturer? That would explain both the deal and the delay.

Good luck! Like everybody said, don't worry yet. The delay may just be a part of the game.

RocketRyan
August 25th, 2017, 10:28 AM
Oh no you poor man! Just kidding I have won a few auctions with them, and always got what I was supposed to.

howf
September 8th, 2017, 11:40 AM
Any update?

Onionartz
September 8th, 2017, 11:58 AM
The pen have not shipped out yet. They promised me to ship out next week. They had some trouble getting the pens from Visconti or something.

Onionartz
October 7th, 2017, 04:01 PM
Finally i got my money back via paypal dispute. Paypal closed the transaction in my favor and refunded me my money. I encourage every one to be careful with Martemodena. I followed up with martemodena for weeks for refund and all I got was empty promises. I am glad i used paypal.