PDA

View Full Version : Correction tape for fountain pens?

Amanda
August 17th, 2017, 02:14 AM
Has anyone found a brand of correction tape or liquid that will work under a fountain pen? Or some other method?

So far I've tried Pentel Correction Liquid and Artline Edit - they both seem too soft even after allowing to dry for a couple of days.

VertOlive
August 17th, 2017, 08:44 PM
No. I just draw an Art Bug over the error and keep writing when writing a pen pal. For something more formal, just a simple strike-through works for me.

Amanda
August 18th, 2017, 12:31 AM
I should have Googled it first. :facepalm:

The answer I found was Paper Mate Liquid Paper Dryline. So I went to get some and, yep, it works. Dry and OK to write on straight away. It would look better on whiter paper than this cheap notepad but the concept is proven. Test pen was a medium Prera loaded with Diamine Cult Pens Deep Dark Red. If it it fails to perform with some other pen or ink I will report back or otherwise consider my problem solved.

elysee
August 24th, 2017, 09:46 PM
So far I've tried Pentel Correction Liquid and Artline Edit - they both seem too soft even after allowing to dry for a couple of days.

It depends on which version of the Pentel Correction Pen that you have. I have the late 1990's - early 2000's versions of the Pentel Correction Pen, ZL62-W and ZL31-W. The correction fluid in these dries hard, not soft; the fluid must be well-mixed, of course. The nice thing about these versions is that I have found that I can write on the dried (these are quick to dry) fluid with pencil, ballpoint pen, rollerball, and fountain pen. The same cannot be said for the new verision as Pentel changed the formula. If you check around on eBay and other online retailers then you may be able to find some of this older correction fluid.