PDA

View Full Version : Got da Blues.

Sailor Kenshin
August 22nd, 2017, 11:05 AM
Wanting a wet pen with a substantial line, I bought a Platinum 3776 Chartres Blue in B. This was a pen I had in my wish list for a year, but every ink I've tried so far makes me hate the pen. Yes, hate.

I want an ink that's a match for the barrel.

Chesterfield Cobalt. Color perfect, gushing ink.
JH Eclat de Saphir. Color good, hard starts, then came the waterfall.
Rotring Ultramarine. More purple than I wanted. Still a firehose.

I'm now down to three inks left to test: Skrip Blue, Quink Blue, and Pelikan Royal Blue carts (I have an adaptor). Which of the above three is the driest ink?

(And here I thought Pelikan pens were garden hoses).

Thanks for putting up with my whining. Yes, I cleaned the monster thoroughly between ink switches.

KKay
August 22nd, 2017, 11:53 AM
I don't know what would be a good match really. I have a 30ml bottle of Diamine-Asa Blue. It would be a little light, but the shaded areas might match. The ink is a little wet, so that might not work for you at all.

Sailor Kenshin
August 22nd, 2017, 02:11 PM
Thanks. The color's probably nice, but I have to go drrryyyyyy.

VertOlive
August 22nd, 2017, 05:29 PM
Start with the Pelikan but--Some of my Papier Plume inks are very dry. Perhaps Calle Royale?

Spants
August 22nd, 2017, 05:50 PM
Of the three that you have yet to try I have heard that Pelikan's ink is dry (to combat their pens being gushers). So I would give that one a shot first.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Sailor Kenshin
August 23rd, 2017, 07:01 AM
Thanks. That may actually work! Last night, I took the dregs of the notoriously-dry-Platinum-'Light Blue' cart from a Plaisir, and swapped it into the Chartres. It seems to have tamed the gush somewhat. When that's gone, I'm trying the Pel carts. Who knows...it could even lead to a bottle! ;)

Woody
September 1st, 2017, 08:49 AM
Going to mention Pelikan too.