PDA

View Full Version : SOLD FS: Edison Beaumont Pneumatic in dark tortoise celluloid 18k Binder cursive italic

FredRydr
August 24th, 2017, 09:33 AM
SOLD: Edison Beaumont Pneumatic in dark tortoise celluloid. 18k Binder broad cursive italic nib.

I had this pen custom made to spec in 2013 when the pneumatic was unveiled. The barrel and cap are wonderful partially translucent tortoise celluloid (no longer available from Mark Hoover's and David Nishimura's American Art Plastics). The Beaumont is a classic design, befitting the tortoise celluloid. The pneumatic filler is one of the best methods to fill a sac to its maximum capacity. If you are familiar with the Chilton pen, you know the system's simplicity. I had Richard Binder finish the 18K gold cursive italic nib. This pen has been admired but has seen very little use. This Beaumont was $490 new, not including Richard's work on the nib.

Here is what makes this custom Beaumont special compared to just any Beaumont:

- Pneumatic filler instead of cartridge/converter
- Solid gold nib instead of steel
- Classic tortoise
- Real celluloid instead of acrylic
- Cursive italic grind
- Nib grind by Richard Binder

$385 includes shipping to anywhere served by the USPS; more elsewhere. First PM that reads "I'll take the Beaumont" holds it pending prompt PayPal payment.

Brian Gray took the first two photos of this pen.

Sammyo
August 24th, 2017, 09:48 PM
I am soooo tempted... If I wasn't saving and being a good boy!
That is a beautiful pen and I not only own an Edison (that I love to write with), I have also been to Brian's old workshop and seen his passion for pens first hand.
Whoever gets this, I am sure they will not be disappointed...

Now for a little self-flagellation to stem the urges...

McKool
October 30th, 2017, 07:17 PM
Beautiful pen and a Fantastic Seller!!

heraclitus682
October 30th, 2017, 09:16 PM
Fantastic price. Wish I had the cash right now.