PDA

View Full Version : SOLD FC 03 Venetian Red

mandrbeck
August 28th, 2017, 11:17 AM
I recently received this pen via trade. Unfortunately the previous owner cheated me and swapped the nib he promised, sent pics and a writing sample of (Masuyama medium italic) with a generic black steel bock nib. As you might imagine I now hate this pen and refuse to use it. I will not even dip it. I didn't think bock nibs could be placed into JOWO threads, but it appears I was wrong. At any rate, I will price this as if there was no nib. The pen appears to be in excellent condition. I do not see any flaws or staining.

I would also trade for any other FC pen.

Price: $105 shipped CONUS

Lady Onogaro
August 28th, 2017, 12:31 PM
That's just an evil thing to do to you! :mad:

dylim1
August 28th, 2017, 12:56 PM
The spaces before and after the 2nd pic are black. Are there supposed to be any pictures?

mandrbeck
August 28th, 2017, 01:44 PM
The spaces before and after the 2nd pic are black. Are there supposed to be any pictures?

No. for some reason I can't attach any of the pics I have without taking a screen shot. The only pics I have are from the original owner and all of the other shots have either his name or screen name on them. I don't want to publicly "shame" him so I only have this one for now. I'll take pics of my own later.

Woody
August 28th, 2017, 08:07 PM
Nasty thing to do to a good buyer and seller.

mrincon
August 29th, 2017, 12:48 PM
I'm sorry to hear about that - if you paid through paypal goods and services you can ask for a refund, paypal will do that for you. If you both agree that it was a misunderstanding, then you can always offer to pay for return shipping, so you split the overall shipping fees.

I've been in similar situations when people sent incomplete/incorrect items, so PM if you would like any help.

mrincon
August 29th, 2017, 12:49 PM
Also, I'm pretty sure you should have gotten a pouch with this one, no?

mandrbeck
August 29th, 2017, 12:59 PM
I'm sorry to hear about that - if you paid through paypal goods and services you can ask for a refund, paypal will do that for you. If you both agree that it was a misunderstanding, then you can always offer to pay for return shipping, so you split the overall shipping fees.

I've been in similar situations when people sent incomplete/incorrect items, so PM if you would like any help.

It was a trade so PayPal wasn't involved. I emailed the guy and he insisted it was my fault and he had every right to swap out nibs. He said he never guaranteed I would get the Masuyama nib even after I sent him screen shots of him specifically saying the trade offer was for the pen with the Masuyama nib. I let the moderators know on the other forum so hopefully they removed him from that site. At the end of the day, he sacrificed his integrity over a nib. Pretty silly really. And no he didn't send the pouch either. I guess he kept that too.

comixfan
August 29th, 2017, 05:25 PM

I think F-C gives you a choice of a pouch or a gift box, and since this is pictured with a gift box, I'm guessing it didn't come with a pouch.

mandrbeck
August 29th, 2017, 06:02 PM
More pics added

AGOTL
August 29th, 2017, 06:20 PM
Jesusss, that's so fucked! Who was the seller?

Anyway, are you interested in other trade offers? Mind if I PM you with some?

mandrbeck
August 29th, 2017, 06:27 PM
Jesusss, that's so fucked! Who was the seller?

Anyway, are you interested in other trade offers? Mind if I PM you with some?

Send away

mandrbeck
August 30th, 2017, 06:42 PM
Now $105 shipped

Bri
August 30th, 2017, 06:44 PM
Off topic: If you have iPhone, they’re using a new picture type. You can turn it off in your camera settings.

Curtisvan
August 30th, 2017, 08:21 PM

I think F-C gives you a choice of a pouch or a gift box, and since this is pictured with a gift box, I'm guessing it didn't come with a pouch. they come with a box and pouch. In a trade or used pen sale, unless the box and or pouch is mentioned I assume it's not included.

mrincon
August 30th, 2017, 08:58 PM

I think F-C gives you a choice of a pouch or a gift box, and since this is pictured with a gift box, I'm guessing it didn't come with a pouch. they come with a box and pouch. In a trade or used pen sale, unless the box and or pouch is mentioned I assume it's not included.

Well, in all fairness, I think that's reasonable for most boxes/papers. THOUGH in the case of F-C and Nakaya it should be assumed included because the pouches/kimonos do have monetary value - in fact, exactly $20 from FC or Nakaya. So in this case it's not just wrapping that is not included (though to some the boxes and papers have value), but it's $20 worth of what the original owner paid.

comixfan
August 30th, 2017, 10:15 PM

Per Franklin-Christoph's website: "In lieu of a traditional gift box we now ship with a maroon leather zippered pouch with an outer white thin box. If you'd prefer a traditional gift box, please let us know at the time of order." So maybe they used to ship with both a gift box and a pouch? I know I only got a pouch when I ordered my 1901 a year or so ago.

On a side note, I'm digging the look of this pen-- the finial reminds me of that old fashioned rock/ribbon candy my grandma used to keep in a dish in the living room:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/metvnetwork/XFfwy-1481659133-7063-list_items-xmascandy_cutrock.png

Curtisvan
August 31st, 2017, 10:49 PM

Well, in all fairness, I think that's reasonable for most boxes/papers. THOUGH in the case of F-C and Nakaya it should be assumed included because the pouches/kimonos do have monetary value - in fact, exactly $20 from FC or Nakaya. So in this case it's not just wrapping that is not included (though to some the boxes and papers have value), but it's $20 worth of what the original owner paid. When you're buying something used I don't think there should be any assumptions. If the box or pouch is important to me I ask. I've sold several FC pens with no pouch. I've also seen Nakayas sold with no kimono or box. Avoid disappointment. Ask. Now in this case the trader was cheated in a nib swap.

stevekolt
September 1st, 2017, 12:22 AM
It would be a public service to let us know who the seller was to avoid this happening to anybody else...

mrincon
September 1st, 2017, 01:32 AM

Well, in all fairness, I think that's reasonable for most boxes/papers. THOUGH in the case of F-C and Nakaya it should be assumed included because the pouches/kimonos do have monetary value - in fact, exactly $20 from FC or Nakaya. So in this case it's not just wrapping that is not included (though to some the boxes and papers have value), but it's $20 worth of what the original owner paid. When you're buying something used I don't think there should be any assumptions. If the box or pouch is important to me I ask. I've sold several FC pens with no pouch. I've also seen Nakayas sold with no kimono or box. Avoid disappointment. Ask. Now in this case the trader was cheated in a nib swap.

Fair enough. Your advice to always ask is correct, and I fully endorse it. I would give the same advice to sellers to clarify if there is no kimono or leather pouch, given that they have monetary value and some buyers might assume it is included. That can only lead to happy, willing transactions where everyone is better off and avoid misunderstandings.

And yes, this nib swap cheating is shameful. SIGH

mandrbeck
September 9th, 2017, 08:00 PM
Bump.

Styx2
September 13th, 2017, 12:51 AM
PM Sent