PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard of a Skyglory

ndw76
April 28th, 2013, 05:42 AM
22182219On a recent trip to my in-laws I went for a walk looking for stationery stores run by old Chinese. They always have the coolest stuff.

I found a Hero 329 and another pen called a Skyglory.

I haven't had much of a chance to use this pen yet, but my initial observations are that it didn't take much to get it started the first time. Being an impatient person I just pushed in the cartridge, gave it a squeeze, and away it went. No need to flush before first use. The nib is slightly scratchy and fine.

The only thing I don't like about this pen is that it is so short that I can only write with it posted. But when posted the cap comes off very easily.

For the price I paid if it breaks down tomorrow I don't mind.

ndw76
April 28th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Been playing with it today. The Skyglory has a similar amount of flex as a Noodler's Ahab.

chiaroscuro
April 30th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Similar form factor and styling to the Pilot Petit1, but the flex makes it very unique. Does it post well?

ndw76
April 30th, 2013, 10:07 PM
It posts horribly. When posted the cap will pop off at the most inconveinient time. If it wasn't for this one bad point this would be an excellent pen.

earthdawn
April 30th, 2013, 11:51 PM
Interesting pen the SkyGlory ... I wonder if it is meant to be for a child being so small and not made to post?

Would love to see a writing sample.

ndw76
May 1st, 2013, 02:10 AM

This is a writing sample with the Skyglory. The poor penmanship is from me, not the pen.

Sailor Kenshin
May 1st, 2013, 04:51 AM
WANT.

Thanks for bringing this little pen to our attention!

UK Mike
May 7th, 2013, 04:21 PM
That is quite some line variation for what I imagine is a pretty inexpensive pen.
Are you taking orders yet? :)

ndw76
May 7th, 2013, 07:25 PM
No, I'm not taking orders. The shop where I got it from is close to where my in-laws live, so getting more involves an obligatory visit to my in-laws. When I do get more I will let you know.

Cheers,
Nathan