PDA

View Full Version : Video review of the new Lamy Aion

RustyDarkMatter
September 1st, 2017, 05:24 PM
https://youtu.be/huTzvQ9Uzuo

Robert
September 1st, 2017, 06:08 PM
Very well done review. I hope to see more.

Frank
September 4th, 2017, 12:38 PM
This pen is scheduled for Mid-September release in the US- with a retail list of $89 for Fountain Pens.

I am working with the new Lamy USA Distributor to get these products (UL Brands).
Their warehouse is in North Jersey, which is really good for me (and GoldSpot/FPH)!
Items should reach us 24 hours after order! (Great for turn-around time non-stock items!)

Stay Tuned!
Frank

KKay
September 12th, 2017, 08:47 PM
I am interested in this pen. It is a shame about the finicky cap though, that is a negative for me. The price I saw previously was 71.20, I hope it isn't more. Rusty, I liked the video. You did a good job on it!

dam
September 22nd, 2017, 08:40 PM
You've probably seen it, but here is Lamy's promotional video for the Aion pen line. It's quite a good one. Love the editing and the sound.
Oh, and I just might go for the pen when it becomes available in my neighborhood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzGxKpAAI8w

Thank you Rusty for the review.

dam
October 17th, 2017, 10:07 PM
I just got mine yesterday, loaded it up with J. Herbin Lie de thé and I really like it. The fine nib seems to run a little wider than my Safari fine, but just a little. I love the size of the pen and the simple, functional design. Feels great in the hand, if unposted (besomes ridiculously long and a little back heavy when posted).

Compared to all the crappy, garish, cheap and quasi-disposable Chinese pens (I've had my share), this thing is calming and straightforward. It's a good sized black aluminum pen with a smooth nib. I find the section very comfortable. At around 37 grams capped and inked, it's substantial but it's not heavy at all.

The only complaint I have is the cap. When capped, the pen stays capped, but there is a little give, which means the cap can spin around the section - not freely, but enough to make me notice (and I'm generally not all that anal retentive - I promise you).

It's not as snug as I'd like it to be. Anyone else notice this or is it just my particular pen?

RustyDarkMatter
October 25th, 2017, 09:46 AM
yes my cap is able to spin while it is capped, however that does not bother me in the slightest. I personally give it a few turns while I have it in my hand and I'm not writing with it.