PDA

View Full Version : Greetings Everybody!

InvisibleMan
April 28th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Greetings from CA, USA! I'm going through pen forum withdrawals and found this place.

Anyway, I'm a fountain pen maker and fan. I only really discovered fountain pens a couple of years ago, but have been hooked from the beginning. I make my own pens and thought that would be good enough, but no. I now find myself owning a few brand name pens, and coveting others:). Quite the addictive hobby I'd say! You know it's bad when cleaning and filling pen is more fun than writing with it!

Lyle
InvisibleMan

thagbert
April 28th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Welcome to the fold!

jor412
April 28th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Welcome. :) Would love to see pics of your pens some time.

caribbean_skye
April 28th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Welcome welcome.

There's a pen-making subforum if you haven't already found it, we'd love to see what sort of things you've been making (oh and we love photos here). The one part I don't enjoy is the cleaning. Just when I think I have it entirely cleaned out, I still find just that little bit of ink that's been hiding and have to start all over again.

southpaw52
April 28th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Greetings and welcome to Geekdom.

fountainpenkid
April 28th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Welcome!

Bogon07
April 28th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Greeting Invisibleman and welcome to thr FPG forum.

cedargirl
April 28th, 2013, 04:50 PM
You know it's bad when cleaning and filling pen is more fun than writing with it!

Lyle
InvisibleMan

Want to wash mine? haha
We'll convert you to the writing side of it yet! Lots of writers here.

KrazyIvan
April 28th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Whoa. Where'd he go? :welcome:

drgoretex
April 28th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Hey, Lyle! Great to see another pen maker here. Looking forward to seeing the Pen Making subforum take off. It's great for makers to have a place to show their work and trade tips!

Cheers

Ken

InvisibleMan
April 28th, 2013, 09:45 PM
Thanks everybody! Looking forward to learning and contributing:)

Thanks, Ken, for suggesting the pen making subforum. That was the first thread I read after my intro post.

Greg Minuskin
April 29th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Welcome!

This is a great place to make pen friends, and if there is something I can do for you, please let me know!

Greg Minuskin
www.gregminuskin.com
greg@gregminuskin.com