PDA

View Full Version : SOLD FS/FT: Nakaya Piccolo Cigar Kuro-tamenuri w/ Masuyama Stub Medium

jasonf
September 2nd, 2017, 10:39 PM
I've come to the realization that I would prefer the Piccolo with a clip, so I'm posting this one for sale. It's a gorgeous pen and currently backordered at CFP in this configuration. It was a bit dry upon receipt, so I sent it to Mike Masuyama and he put a glorious stub on the single-tone gold nib in medium, and adjusted for 7/10 wetness. It's butter smooth and writes perfectly. This pen has the ebonite threads which are lacquered with black urushi but no tamenuri effect.

I do not have the box or kimono for this pen. There's an imperfection in the front of the cap threads which causes it to sometimes not thread on perfectly on the first try. I simply start the cap threading gently and if it's not catching correctly, it's immediately obvious and I simply back it off about 1/4 turn and gently twist again, and then it goes on perfectly. These are handmade pens and the threads are hand cut, and I've heard of others with the same "quirk" in their Nakaya as well, including a thread on FPN. I'd say this happens about once in every 2-3 times I cap the pen and has not been an issue, but it might be for some. For this reason, I have made a detailed video demonstrating this to any prospective buyers, and have reflected it in the price.

Full photo album: https://imgur.com/a/Gu9ZT
Video: https://youtu.be/v_GTjqmB3UI

Currently CFP is asking $705 w/ this configuration w/ stub nib (and it's backordered), plus tax and shipping. My asking price is $550 shipped Priority Mail insured in CONUS. I'm also open to trades for a different Nakaya (clipped Writer model) pen, let me know what you have.

elesquire
September 3rd, 2017, 01:02 AM
I've written with the very pen being sold in this listing and the Masuyama ground stub was glorious. Great price from a trusted member of the fp community!

mrincon
September 3rd, 2017, 01:44 AM
I've written with the very pen being sold in this listing and the Masuyama ground stub was glorious. Great price from a trusted member of the fp community!

Pen show? I wish I had more friends with expensive pens haha