PDA

View Full Version : Cursive letters

southpaw52
September 8th, 2017, 02:14 PM
Always looking to improve my handwriting. I was study the various letter scripts. How do you write your cursive n, one hump or two humps. I was taught to use two humps for n and three for m. Some script charts show the n with just one hump and others show it with two humps.

BayesianPrior
September 8th, 2017, 02:30 PM
It depends if it's a dromedary or bactrian...

Marsilius
September 9th, 2017, 11:08 PM
I think the two humps for "n" is from the line UP to the n from a previous letter. The "n" is one hump, but the link from the other letter can look like a hump, too. Same with an "m", it is two humps, but the tale leading into can make it look like three.

In other words, when drawn in isolation, the "lead-in" loop might look like and additional hump.

I don't know of any camels with three humps . . . That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

DaveBj
September 10th, 2017, 07:11 AM
I still write two humps for n, three for m, just like on the green chart in our elementary classrooms back in the 50s.

younricw
September 10th, 2017, 09:34 AM
Capital n is one hump and capitol m is two humps. Add a hump to each for lower case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teresa45
July 23rd, 2023, 01:38 PM
Your cursive writing is simply enchanting! It flows like a graceful dance of letters. By the way, have you tried TiviMate Premium (https://tivimatepremium.app)? It's a fantastic tool for organizing your favorite shows seamlessly. Your calligraphy skills combined with TiviMate would be a mesmerizing experience! Keep up the stunning work!

calamus
August 7th, 2023, 12:36 PM
How many humps in your SPAM, Teresa45?

tivimatepremium
September 28th, 2023, 09:29 AM
Your cursive writing is simply enchanting! You can use your TiviMate Premium (https://tivimatepremium.com/) service and your compatible device anywhere in the world, no matter if you go on a trip or need to make a move, your equipment will always keep all your configuration as you left it on up to two screens at the same time.