PDA

View Full Version : Video Review of TWSBI Eco

RustyDarkMatter
September 9th, 2017, 02:17 PM
https://youtu.be/fMX1osQYrrc

Daryl Yeo
September 27th, 2017, 03:16 AM
I bought Diamond 580 12 months ago...and it looks really nice. So I bought another 1 month later. Now, both pens crack. The plastic joins and the cap crack. It just like I throw the pen on the floor at least a dozen times. Hope the above pen don't use the same materials.

ac12
October 13th, 2017, 03:15 PM
Mine has been going strong for over a year.

goldenmeme
October 13th, 2017, 08:17 PM
Some may consider this sacrilege, but I can't stand slippery grips so I took some medium grain sandpaper to the grip section of mine. Now it looks like frosted glass, and feels soooooo much better.

RustyDarkMatter
October 16th, 2017, 01:27 AM
Some may consider this sacrilege, but I can't stand slippery grips so I took some medium grain sandpaper to the grip section of mine. Now it looks like frosted glass, and feels soooooo much better.

I also cannot stand a slippery either, but I couldn't bring myself to do the "frosted glass" look because I love seeing the color through the grip section. I also don't use my Eco for long writing sessions so I'm going to leave it as it is, but for those who do plan to use the Eco as their main writer I would recommend they look into what you did.

Marsilius
November 25th, 2017, 01:00 AM
Great review. I love the pantonime shticks. Nothing like a good hand gesture for a little theatrical flare. Can you do my videos, too?

RustyDarkMatter
November 29th, 2017, 12:49 AM
Great review. I love the pantonime shticks. Nothing like a good hand gesture for a little theatrical flare. Can you do my videos, too?

i'm not much of an actor, it took me a while to get those silly skits correct. are you looking at doing videos too?

Chrissy
November 29th, 2017, 02:27 AM
Thanks. :) I enjoyed most of the video review, apart from the unnecessary flexing of the nib. :blink: I was concerned that something might break when you flexed the nib so much. Maybe that was what caused the cracks? :noidea:

matteob
January 25th, 2018, 10:12 AM
Nice pen these but sometimes prone to burping if you forget to wipe nib and feed thoroughly after filling. TWSBI are notorious for this cracking issue though: the plastic feels decent but must be a design moulding thing. It is why I have not been tempted to buy one of the more expensive pens. My eco has the medium nib. Not a fan of flexing a nib. i write lightly and prefer a firm nib personally.