PDA

View Full Version : Connecticut Pen Posse/Club

fountainpenkid
April 28th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Hi all!
As summer is approaching fast, I will soon enough have more free time to do things that I want to do...
So, I remember somewhere I started a topic here entitled "CT pen club?" As I remember I think about 5 people expressed interest. So now all we have to do is to make it happen. Post a place and a time where you'd like to meet and if you can attend that person's suggested meeting, then "Thank" the person's post. (not to make too many rules but please don't thank the post if you can't come). I myself will not be able to meet on week-days until June 30th, as I have school. I suggest meeting at a restaurant would be the best idea, but who knows!

Thanks!
Will

BTW: My place of choice would be The Guilford Public library. It is a nice town, the library is really nice and has spacious meeting rooms. There are many restaurants nearby.

cwent2
April 29th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Started to get interested but checked map - 80 miles from here. :(

fountainpenkid
April 29th, 2013, 05:43 PM

80 miles from the Guilford Public library or 80 miles from CT in general?

cwent2
April 29th, 2013, 06:03 PM

80 Miles from the Library to my house.

fountainpenkid
April 29th, 2013, 06:38 PM

Do you have a preferred location? How far would you travel max?

cwent2
April 30th, 2013, 07:58 PM

Do you have a preferred location? How far would you travel max?

As long as you realize I am not in CT and would welcome a Rhode Islander - I would say 60 miles. Along with interest in pens I am a Harley Davidson owner and that distance is a nice ride 120 mile round trip, any more than that starts to become not so fun. Lol Cwood

fountainpenkid
May 1st, 2013, 01:59 PM
Anyone from any state is welcome!

klpeabody
May 5th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Will, I will definitely get together with you this summer. I promise! =)

fountainpenkid
May 6th, 2013, 05:51 PM

Good to hear! We gotta get some other people in on this!

klpeabody
May 6th, 2013, 06:19 PM

Good to hear! We gotta get some other people in on this!

Yes, we do! =)

fountainpenkid
May 17th, 2013, 04:47 AM
Bump to hopefully get more people involved and more input.

Thanks!

fpquest
May 20th, 2013, 06:43 PM
I'm in. From the Hartford area but traveling isn't a problem.

fountainpenkid
May 20th, 2013, 06:49 PM
I'm in. From the Hartford area but traveling isn't a problem.

Great to hear! I think it seems that the best place to meet would be somewhere in Hartford, based upon the fact that I seem to be the only shoreline person here...

fountainpenkid
June 5th, 2013, 07:02 PM
O.K my first suggestion:

Hartford (I don't know where), June 29th, at 12:00 p.m.

any takers?

fpquest
June 5th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Looks like that works for me.

cwent2
June 5th, 2013, 09:56 PM
Sorry, I have a Memorial Service on that day - I would otherwise be inclined to attend -- drat.

Carl - You know the one not from Ct.

fountainpenkid
June 6th, 2013, 05:02 AM
Sorry, I have a Memorial Service on that day - I would otherwise be inclined to attend -- drat.

Ah. Could you make it that sunday perhaps?

New suggestion: Hartford somewhere, Sunday, June 30th, 12:00 p.m

fountainpenkid
June 6th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Any recommendations as to a good restaurant in Hartford?

cwent2
June 6th, 2013, 09:24 PM

That is completely doable - I'll stay tuned for meeting place and become directionally unchallenged to be there!

fountainpenkid
June 6th, 2013, 10:14 PM

That is completely doable - I'll stay tuned for meeting place and become directionally unchallenged to be there!

Great to hear you can make it!

fountainpenkid
June 10th, 2013, 07:24 PM
O.K...so we have one taker for that date so far. Karen, can you make it? Anybody else? (3 is the minimum amount for me to actually plan for a meeting.)

klpeabody
June 11th, 2013, 05:28 PM
O.K...so we have one taker for that date so far. Karen, can you make it? Anybody else? (3 is the minimum amount for me to actually plan for a meeting.)

Will, at this point, Noon on 6/30 should work fine for me. In the meantime, I am trying to think about a good restaurant to meet at.

fountainpenkid
June 11th, 2013, 05:41 PM

Will, at this point, Noon on 6/30 should work fine for me. In the meantime, I am trying to think about a good restaurant to meet at.

Sounds good! Keep me posted on the restaurant.

klpeabody
June 11th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Sure thing! I'm looking forward to this! Glad you got the ball rolling.

fountainpenkid
June 11th, 2013, 08:48 PM
All current poll participants messaged about this meeting. Any more voters will be notified as well.

fountainpenkid
June 18th, 2013, 09:18 PM
O.K...it is coming up fast! Any restaurant ideas yet?

klpeabody
June 19th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Still working on it! =)
I will try to come up with something this weekend.

fountainpenkid
June 20th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Still working on it! =)
I will try to come up with something this weekend.

Sounds good!

AndyLa
June 24th, 2013, 09:05 AM
I'd potentially be in for this around the hartford area- depending on if my car is fixed before then! Which may be cuttig it close. A suggestion would be the west hartford center. There are a few restaraunts as well as plimptons (sells pens, paper, and j herbin ink).

dobemom
June 24th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Sorry, I just now saw the poll. Looks like I am closest to Mr Carl - 'You know the one not from Ct.' That cracks me up, Carl.

I couldn't make it this weekend, but I'd love to be kept on the list for another time. I'm afraid dog stuff takes up most of my summer.

fountainpenkid
June 24th, 2013, 07:56 PM
O.K so it is this sunday! Anybody have restaurant ideas?
I found the Firebox restaurant or La Kerencya...but I have no personal experience with either.

cwent2
June 24th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Sorry, I just now saw the poll. Looks like I am closest to Mr Carl - 'You know the one not from Ct.' That cracks me up, Carl.

I couldn't make it this weekend, but I'd love to be kept on the list for another time. I'm afraid dog stuff takes up most of my summer.
Just little dry attempt at humor.

Carl Wood

cwent2
June 24th, 2013, 09:16 PM
O.K so it is this sunday! Anybody have restaurant ideas?
I found the Firebox restaurant or La Kerencya...but I have no personal experience with either.

So long as it does not take a month's wages for lunch - just about anywhere is good, I am totally clueless as far as ct restaurants are concerned. Er Mcdonald's would be a no.

Just need an address to meet ya

CWood

fountainpenkid
June 26th, 2013, 08:43 AM
I think the answer is a COFFEE SHOP: more relaxed atmosphere, cheaper, etc... This one looks good: http://www.lapalomacoffeehouse.com/lapaloma_directions.htm.

cwent2
June 26th, 2013, 09:26 AM
I think the answer is a COFFEE SHOP: more relaxed atmosphere, cheaper, etc... This one looks good: http://www.lapalomacoffeehouse.com/lapaloma_directions.htm.

sounds good to me - time is high noon?

tks

Cwood

Biber
June 26th, 2013, 10:18 AM
When I was in grad school at the U of H we used to hang out at The Spigot on Prospect, but that was 20 years ago.

fountainpenkid
June 26th, 2013, 11:44 AM

sounds good to me - time is high noon?

tks

Cwood
Yup!

fountainpenkid
June 27th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Important update: La Paloma coffee house is NOT open on Sunday. The Sunberry cafe might be and looks great.

cwent2
June 27th, 2013, 06:54 PM
The Sunberry cafe
Hours:
Mon-Fri 6:30 am - 8 pm
Sat 8 am - 5 pm
Accepts Credit Cards: Yes
Takes Reservations: Yes
Delivery: No
Take-out: Yes
Waiter Service: No
Outdoor Seating: Yes
Wi-Fi: Free
Alcohol: No
Caters: Yes
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Dogs Allowe

cwent2
June 27th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Jojo's Coffee
43 reviews Rating Details
Category: Coffee & Tea [Edit]
22 Pratt St
Hartford, CT 06117
Neighborhood: Downtown
(860) 524-1488

Add Photos
Hours:
Mon-Fri 7 am - 5 pm
Sat-Sun 9 am - 3 pm
Price Range: $
Parking: Street
First to Review
Chris N.
Edit Business Info Work Here? Claim This Business

fountainpenkid
June 27th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Hours:
Mon-Fri 6:30 am - 8 pm
Sat 8 am - 5 pm
Takes Reservations: Yes
Delivery: No
Take-out: Yes
Waiter Service: No
Alcohol: No
Caters: Yes
Dogs Allowe
What is that for?

cwent2
June 27th, 2013, 07:21 PM
The Sunberry cafe

fountainpenkid
June 28th, 2013, 06:28 AM
jojo's coffee looks fine! Thanks for finding that!

klpeabody
June 28th, 2013, 07:10 PM
jojo's coffee looks fine! Thanks for finding that!

Sorry that I've been MIA for the last few days, I've had some urgent family matters come up including the birth of my brother's first child (yay!) and a major basement flooding all in the same week. I'm glad to see that someone recommended JoJo's in Hartford. That was definitely the first place that came to mind for me, but wasn't sure if the group would approve. I think it may be coffee only, with perhaps some light snacks, but I haven't been there in a while. It came to mind for me, because the atmosphere is definitely low key and would be great for a group meeting such as this. The upside is that the part of Hartford in which it's located is full of restaurants so if folks got hungry we could always walk an extremely short distance to something yummy.

I hope JoJo's is good for everyone. The parking in this part of town is pretty good, too. I'll plan on seeing you all there on Sunday. Noon, right?

kp

cwent2
June 28th, 2013, 08:09 PM
I am in if it is still a go.

fountainpenkid
June 28th, 2013, 08:11 PM

klpeabody
June 29th, 2013, 02:42 PM
When I was in grad school at the U of H we used to hang out at The Spigot on Prospect, but that was 20 years ago.

I have been to The Spigot. It has been a while, though. =)

klpeabody
June 29th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Ummm...I think 2 people doesn't qualify as a meeting. I think a reschedule to get more people involved is necessary. Any day other than a sunday would work.

I'm not sure where the breakdown has occurred regarding this pen meet-up. I have had this date on my calendar for a few weeks now and am still willing to meet anyone who is interested in showing up. If I don't see any affirmative responses to this thread this evening, then I will plan on NOT showing, but just say the word and I'm happy to meet you there.

I think, generally, weekends are too short. =)
I always need one more day to get stuff done. Keep in mind that this is also a holiday weekend, and folks have vacations and BBQs and what have you and the numbers might not be as big as a "regular" weekend. That being said, anyone who feels like meeting in downtown Hartford to talk pens and inks and maybe exchange some ink samples, I'm happy to meet you. Just respond to the thread, otherwise, I will assume that it's off and and take a long bike ride in the woods.

fountainpenkid
June 29th, 2013, 04:21 PM
O.K so here is the last thing I can say: The meeting is still on although I can't make it. If you guys meet up, great! Have fun! Take pics!

klpeabody
June 29th, 2013, 09:16 PM
O.K so here is the last thing I can say: The meeting is still on although I can't make it. If you guys meet up, great! Have fun! Take pics!

I do wish you could be there, Will, because I was looking forward to finally meeting you!

fountainpenkid
June 30th, 2013, 08:50 AM

I do wish you could be there, Will, because I was looking forward to finally meeting you!

Yeah. I think we should do one in July...maybe the weekend after the 4th?

klpeabody
June 30th, 2013, 04:13 PM

Yeah. I think we should do one in July...maybe the weekend after the 4th?

I am definitely open to that! I'll pencil it in.
It sounds like JoJo's was a good fit for most, so let's tentatively schedule it for that location.
Will, if you need a ride, I can probably give you one. =)

cwent2
July 1st, 2013, 10:46 AM
Are we speaking of the Saturday, 7 Jul 2013 at 12:00?

I will pencil it in my day book until conformation.

Cwood

fountainpenkid
July 1st, 2013, 11:58 AM
Yes, that is right.

Biber
July 1st, 2013, 12:09 PM

Double Diamond on tap and "death" dogs! Oh the memories.

fountainpenkid
July 1st, 2013, 12:19 PM

Do you plan on coming to CT again this summer?

Biber
July 1st, 2013, 12:56 PM

Do you plan on coming to CT again this summer?

Probably not.

crazystan
July 18th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Did you all end up meeting?

Just saw the thread and would like to throw my hat in the ring for future events, should they be happening. I am up in Amherst, MA, but more than willing to head down to Hartford (ish) in the future.

fountainpenkid
July 18th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Did you all end up meeting?

Just saw the thread and would like to throw my hat in the ring for future events, should they be happening. I am up in Amherst, MA, but more than willing to head down to Hartford (ish) in the future.

I don't think the meeting took place, but I wasn't able to attend so I don't know.

crazystan
July 18th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Right on. I'll watch here just in case.

fountainpenkid
July 29th, 2013, 04:50 PM
How does a meeting on the 17th of August in Hartford work for people?

cwent2
July 29th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Sounds great. How about a coffee shop - get folks to meet up about 11:30 12:00

CT - Mass - RI -- Come on folks.

Where did I put that bull Horn

Carl

:whip:

fpquest
July 31st, 2013, 05:05 PM
The 17th sounds good to me. I'm in.

fountainpenkid
July 31st, 2013, 05:20 PM
The 17th sounds good to me. I'm in.

Great to hear!

cwent2
July 31st, 2013, 05:50 PM
Jojo's Coffee
22 Pratt St
Hartford, CT 06117
(860) 524-1488

Add Photos
Hours:
Mon-Fri 7 am - 5 pm
Sat-Sun 9 am - 3 pm
Price Range: $
Parking: Street

Does everyone thiink this place will work??

bigevilgrape
August 1st, 2013, 06:10 AM
I've never been to that coffee shop, but parking shouldn't be too bad on a Saturday morning in Hartford. Someone should figure out how to check if there is a big event going on that weekend (charity walk/race type things) that can screw everything up.

I'm still debating weather or not I am racing that morning, so I'm not sure if I could make it.

crazystan
August 1st, 2013, 07:12 AM
Here's a listing of the events in Hartford on the 17th:

Hartford Events (http://www.hartford.com/events/page/17/)

It doesn't look like it will be too crazy, as the big event in the morning is at the Riverfront Plaza. As for JoJo's Coffee, I've been there before. The coffee's decent, and there's a lot right across the street. I can't quite remember the seating arrangements, but, I think there's a fair amount of space.

Bang for your buck, the best coffee in CT is in Glastonbury. Both Daybreak Coffee Roasters (https://plus.google.com/101710013074626644140/about?gl=us&hl=en) and So G Coffee (https://plus.google.com/109940834477407905033/about?gl=us&hl=en) are dynamite.

Where ever this winds up, I will try to be there. I'll have a better idea as the date gets closer.

bigevilgrape
August 1st, 2013, 08:48 AM
My brother gets his coffee from daybreak. I was going to suggest it but I couldn't remember how much space they have inside.

fountainpenkid
August 1st, 2013, 08:50 AM
My brother gets his coffee from daybreak. I was going to suggest it but I couldn't remember how much space they have inside.

I don't know anything about Jojos either (space-wise) so if you do know of a more spacious place in hartford, please, tell us!

cwent2
August 1st, 2013, 09:23 AM
Agree! I don't know Hartford from Timbuktu, I'm from Rhode Island, I don't even know Providence! Don't like cities.

Anyway the point is I put that as a suggestion before and it seemed like an easy place to find and was open on sat or sunday

Any place they serve affordable coffee is fine with me. (Don't want to buy the place, I just want a coffee! - lol)

crazystan
August 1st, 2013, 12:44 PM

I don't know anything about Jojos either (space-wise) so if you do know of a more spacious place in hartford, please, tell us!

Agree! I don't know Hartford from Timbuktu, I'm from Rhode Island, I don't even know Providence! Don't like cities.

Anyway the point is I put that as a suggestion before and it seemed like an easy place to find and was open on sat or sunday

Any place they serve affordable coffee is fine with me. (Don't want to buy the place, I just want a coffee! - lol)

Daybreak has a decent amount of space inside, and would likely suffice. They are easy to get to. Their parking lot stinks, but, there is a boatload of free parking on the street, and lots in a neighboring shopping plaza and library with plenty of free parking.

klpeabody
August 3rd, 2013, 01:47 PM
My 2 cents: it will be more difficult to park in downtown Glastonbury on a Saturday a.m. than it will be to park in downtown Hartford on a Saturday. I agree though that Daybreak's coffee is better.

I think that Jo Jo's is a good place to start as its location is situated right in the heart of restaurant heaven, if you will. I think we could easily scout our next location (and perhaps have some good eats) at that first meeting.

Those are just my thoughts. I'm down with whatever the group agrees to. I'll pencil in the 17th.

cwent2
August 3rd, 2013, 02:47 PM
Well when the dust settles and before the 17th let's decide on a location and make this meeting of Pen Geeks happen. Please let me know where it is so this directionally challenged Rhode Islander has time to find his way there!

Cw

klpeabody
August 3rd, 2013, 09:45 PM
I am agreeable to whatever the group decides. If the majority want to go with Daybreak, then let's do that.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

fountainpenkid
August 4th, 2013, 08:27 AM
I think jojos is the place to do it. So it will be August 17th, 12:00 PM at jojos coffee in Hartford.

cwent2
August 6th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Jojo's Coffee
22 Pratt St
Hartford, CT 06117
(860) 524-1488

12:00 17 Aug 2013

Show and tell items welcome - drat where did I put that bull horn

crazystan
August 7th, 2013, 04:57 AM
I will do my best to be there. I just need to be at a family function sometime around 1:30-ish...

cwent2
August 11th, 2013, 11:11 PM
Hearye Hearye The Connecticut pen Posse Club of Fountain Pen Geeks fame will be meeting SATURDAY 17 AUG 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AT NOON.

Jojo's Coffee
22 Pratt St
Hartford, CT 06117
(860) 524-1488

On a personal note if anyone has a Pelikan 400nn or A Pelikan close to the size and weight of the 400nn and are willing to let me try writing with it please bring it with you.

I am looking for a Pelikan and am interested in a 1959 model...

Thanks
Carl Wood

fountainpenkid
August 12th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Hearye Hearye The Connecticut pen Posse Club of Fountain Pen Geeks fame will be meeting SATURDAY 17 AUG 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AT NOON.

Jojo's Coffee
22 Pratt St
Hartford, CT 06117
(860) 524-1488

On a personal note if anyone has a Pelikan 400nn or A Pelikan close to the size and weight of the 400nn and are willing to let me try writing with it please bring it with you.

I am looking for a Pelikan and am interested in a 1959 model...

Thanks
Carl Wood

I'll bring my P1.

AndyLa
August 12th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Carl,
On the very very slim chance that I can make it (moved out of the area recently) I'll bring my 400NN for you to try out. It's an oblique medium IIRC.

cwent2
August 12th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Em, come on out and have a cup!

fountainpenkid
August 15th, 2013, 12:40 PM
2 days! So far the list is:
me (+my dad)
cwent
kpeabody
fpquest
bigevilgrape
crazystan
AndyLa (possibly)

Bring cool inks and paper if you like! I'm a relative ink noob. :) I do have small sample of the famed Parker Penman Sapphire if anyone is interested in trying it. And of course, bring every pen you have! (jk.) ;)

cwent2
August 15th, 2013, 01:09 PM
me (+my dad)
cwent
kpeabody
fpquest
bigevilgrape
crazystan
AndyLa (possibly)

Bring cool inks and paper if you like! I'm a relative ink noob. :) I do have small sample of the famed Parker Penman Sapphire if anyone is interested in trying it. And of course, bring every pen you have! (jk.) ;)

HEAR YE - HEAR YE +1000 WHAT WILL SAID!!!!!!

Be A GEEK and be there!!!!!

klpeabody
August 15th, 2013, 05:36 PM
me (+my dad)
cwent
kpeabody
fpquest
bigevilgrape
crazystan
AndyLa (possibly)

I will definitely be bringing some paper and one special paper-related giveaway. I will be bringing some inks for folks to try, and ink samples to giveaway, as well. Oh, and a couple of pens to show. =)

cwent2
August 16th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Ok, folks see you in the morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok noon time - same thing!

Cw

klpeabody
August 17th, 2013, 06:19 AM
Ok, folks see you in the morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok noon time - same thing!

Cw

I'm looking forward to meeting you today, Carl!

Tracy Lee
August 17th, 2013, 06:42 AM
I'm jealous, you guys have a great time!! :sly::beer:

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4

klpeabody
August 17th, 2013, 07:31 AM
I'm jealous, you guys have a great time!! :sly::beer:

Tracy Lee, you don't know how much I wish you could be here!
We shall meet someday, though. =)
xoxo

fpquest
August 17th, 2013, 08:19 AM
See you there

AndyLa
August 17th, 2013, 09:02 AM
About what time is you guys think you'll still be there by? I'm potentially going to Hartford today, but it would be a little later than noon.

earthdawn
August 17th, 2013, 12:51 PM
HEY ...

Dont forget to get some pictures !!!

:bump:

cwent2
August 17th, 2013, 06:51 PM
camera was not allowed..... sorry no photos but we had FUN

fountainpenkid
August 17th, 2013, 07:01 PM
HEY ...

I forgot! Darn it! I didn't see anyone else take any either :-(. That aside, we had a great time! 7 people attended, and

Tracy Lee
August 17th, 2013, 07:03 PM
HEY ...

I forgot! Darn it! I didn't see anyone else take any either :-(. That aside, we had a great time! 7 people attended, and

And? AND????????

cwent2
August 17th, 2013, 07:16 PM
HEY ...

And? AND????????

And we had a mini pen show of our own with ink samples - paper and ink grab bags - it was great!! klpeabody wished you were there, but we did talk about you!

Carl

Tracy Lee
August 17th, 2013, 07:37 PM
HEY ...

And? AND????????

And we had a mini pen show of our own with ink samples - paper and ink grab bags - it was great!! klpeabody wished you were there, but we did talk about you!

Carl

Sounds like so much fun, glad you had a good hang out together. :-) Next time I might just fly up!!!

cwent2
August 17th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Sounds like so much fun, glad you had a good hang out together. :-) Next time I might just fly up!!!

We only spoke good about you :) and we would welcome you with open ink wells!

cwent2
August 17th, 2013, 07:52 PM
And I can not speak for every one, but I felt welcome and at ease with everyone there - I got to see and hold pens I only saw on line or in pictures - I am grateful for the hospitality and enjoyed the afternoon very much.

To all that attended today -- THANK YOU. Sorry didn't mean to shout, ok yes I did

Thanks all

Carl

Beowulf50
August 17th, 2013, 08:30 PM
It was a truly fun time. I got to see and old friend and make several new ones. Everyone had great pens to show and great stories. It certainly made the long drive (and 38 miles of stop and go traffic) all worthwhile.

Bill

fountainpenkid
August 17th, 2013, 08:49 PM
It was a truly fun time. I got to see and old friend and make several new ones. Everyone had great pens to show and great stories. It certainly made the long drive (and 38 miles of stop and go traffic) all worthwhile.

Bill

It sure was! Your collection was amazing!

klpeabody
August 18th, 2013, 06:57 AM
I had a great time yesterday and was glad to make everyone's acquaintance. We had a nice group yesterday, and I enjoyed seeing everyone's pens. Thank you to Beowulf50, cwent2, crazystan, and fountainpenkid, respectively, for driving long distances to make the meeting. And, thanks to Beowulf50 and fpquest for the ink samples.

@AndyLa: I'm sorry we missed you. I don't have tapatalk on my phone so wasn't able to check into the forum at the time you posted. For what it's worth, we were there for quite some time. I hope can join us in the future.

I hope to see you all sometime soon. =)

crazystan
August 18th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Now that I'm finally back home, I will add to the chorus of folks noting that a good time was had by all!

It was great to meet some of you, and hopefully we can do it again sometime sooner than later. To second Carl, it was great to get my hands on some pens that I would otherwise never get to play with, and see a sample of everyone's collections. And Beowolf50, thanks for the samples!

fpquest
August 18th, 2013, 08:53 AM
It was a fun afternoon. Got to try a bunch of nice pens and talk to some nice people. Thanks to all who attended.

Ray

fountainpenkid
August 18th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Yes, thanks a million to Beowulf for the ink samples. I got two baggies of the same inks, so if anyone wants some FPN ink samples and Conway Stewart inks, just send me a P.M.

AndyLa
August 18th, 2013, 04:30 PM
@AndyLa: I'm sorry we missed you. I don't have tapatalk on my phone so wasn't able to check into the forum at the time you posted. For what it's worth, we were there for quite some time. I hope can join us in the future.

I got to downtown hartford and it was like 1:50. Parking was atrocious (drake concert?). After 15-20 min of circling/missing turns my SO was getting frustrated so (unsure if anyone would be there plus the hassle of finding parking) we headed off to meet some friends.

bigevilgrape
August 20th, 2013, 05:23 AM
I wound up racing on Saturday morning which means I was shot for the rest of the day>. Maybe I'll catch you guys another time.

crazystan
August 24th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Yeah, there was a concert that night, and a national youth gymnastics competition during the day. Plus, there were a couple of things going on down on the riverfront.

fountainpenkid
September 8th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Does anyone have a date that would work for them for a future meeting?

cwent2
September 8th, 2013, 10:26 PM
unfortunately it would be 5 Oct 13 for me as the first available date

cw

crazystan
September 9th, 2013, 04:59 AM
My graduate work has my schedule full for the foreseeable future, and likely will until I have my Ph.D. in hand. January, late May/early June, and late August are typically my best times.

klpeabody
September 13th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Does anyone have a date that would work for them for a future meeting?

Hey Will! How are you?
Thanks for asking!
I have commitments on 9/21 and 9/28, but am free otherwise.

cwent2
September 13th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Like to set up a date in early Oct? Scope out a better location besides down town Hartford??

fountainpenkid
September 14th, 2013, 07:22 AM
O.K. I agree that we should change things up with the location...although I have no ideas. It doesn't have to bee in hartford if that opens things up. Early October works for me. I get really busy on weekends starting later in that month with Show Choir, so I'll be out for a while then.

tal82k
September 30th, 2013, 08:11 AM
I'm sorry I missed this last month, it looks like it went well though! I would be up for meeting up too. As far as coffee shops go, some of the best (I have found) are in Glastonbury. Both So G and Daybreak are excellent, and have *some* seating. Obviously they will be busier on the weekend, but if we start out early it shouldn't be a problem.